Shantae and the Enemy Mine

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Shantae and the Enemy Mine

Post by Maetch on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:35 am

So... anybody want to keep this discussion going?

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 am

Well, I guess we would like to, if there were to be more to talk about.

But I said everything from my side. And I don't think I can contribute properly yet.
Mainly due to how little info there is.
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:35 am

I dunno, all I had was a single screenshot of the first Shantae and I was already sold on the game, so having this much information from the start feels like sacking a castle full of loot to me. =P I couldn't be happier that we have this much released on the internet so quickly!

I'm pretty sure we'll get a gameplay video soon, because it looks like they'll have plenty to show once more content has been produced. Here's to waiting for more news on the only game I'll actually be excited to see next year. XD
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 pm

All I needed to know was free travel, pirate equipment, AND keeping her nice dances!
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Somethin' to keep the conversation going, eh?
I was actually kinda curious about the thread's actual title, if maybe it's a play on words or a reference to something.
If so, it's gone over my head along with a lot of life's other things ^ ^;

This is all my mind's telling me:

Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 am

You know, the name of the game reminded me of something else. Razz

(I have never been into the movie that much, but I love this song. Wink)

Lol, sorry about the slight Off-Topic.
But I just couldn't resist the urge anymore. :lol!:
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 am

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:You know, the name of the game reminded me of something else. Razz

(I have never been into the movie that much, but I love this song. Wink)

XDDD

I pretty much have the same mindset; I was never into the movies, but I love the theme song! X3
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

The first film in the trilogy wasn't half-bad, IMO, but the soundtrack is definitely the highlight of the movie either way. =P And that's a pretty nice sketch you found Nai, I had to look up the original artist on dA just to fave it. :3

Also, this is going to be me when the first gameplay footage of Shantae and the Pirate Curse is released to the press :

.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I always like Pirates of the Caribbean, movies and all. Back on Shantae though, I'm excited to see where all we go outside of what we've known of Sequin Land. They said something about the heavens...?
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Well, I wonder how the story progresses.
Tho I can already think of a nice plot twist. Playful Wink

Risky isn't the most trustworthy person after all.
Wouldn't surprise me, if she'd stab Shantae in the back in the end.
(Well, it's obvious, no? Razz)

Though I am kinda worried what her new role as pirate might do to her relationship with her friends and loved ones.
(Yes, I do care a lot about plots, relationships and stuff like that. Deal with it!)
I mean the third link does tell (more or less) that it'll damage it.
Hopefully not beyond repair, cuz that would be very hard for me to swallow (even harder than the ending of Risky's Revenge, no doubt).
I wouldn't want to see Shantae lose everyone close to her.
Especially combined with the expected backstabbing from Risky.

If I would experience that, it'll feel like kick in the gut.

And yes, I do worry about such things.
After all, I become her when I play the game.
I experience, what she experiences.
And such horrible experiences also hurt me then.
(Of course, not as bad as when it'd happen in real life. But I think you get the picture)
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I know those feels, bro.

Anyway I do expect a backstabbing from Risky this time around, but she gives me the Vegeta kind of feeling. I think eventually she and Shantae will warm up to each other. Not that this is exactly what I want (I prefer her as a villain) but it's the kind of feeling I'm getting.

But villain or not Risky's still epic and I could see them making an extremely good duo.
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Well, I wonder how the story progresses.
Tho I can already think of a nice plot twist. Playful Wink

Risky isn't the most trustworthy person after all.
Wouldn't surprise me, if she'd stab Shantae in the back in the end.
(Well, it's obvious, no? Razz)

Though I am kinda worried what her new role as pirate might do to her relationship with her friends and loved ones.
(Yes, I do care a lot about plots, relationships and stuff like that. Deal with it!)
I mean the third link does tell (more or less) that it'll damage it.
Hopefully not beyond repair, cuz that would be very hard for me to swallow (even harder than the ending of Risky's Revenge, no doubt).
I wouldn't want to see Shantae lose everyone close to her.
Especially combined with the expected backstabbing from Risky.

If I would experience that, it'll feel like kick in the gut.

And yes, I do worry about such things.
(Of course, not as bad as when it'd happen in real life. But I think you get the picture)
It can't end much worse than it did at the end of Risky's Revenge. Plus, Shantae's friends seem to be the very forgiving type, so I'm sure there will be some strain between them, but nothing truly damaging.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm positive that Risky's gonna backstab Shantae. As far as we know, Risky still has the genie-draining lamp. It's true that the Pirate Master is the bigger threat, but assuming Shantae gets rid of him and gets all her power back, Risky trying to drain her dry again would not be unexpected. Of course, I'd expect Shantae to not fall for the same stunt twice, and you know what that leads to... Boss time!

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 am

Oh crap, I hadn't thought about how Risky might backstab Shantae. XD It might be a constant struggle for Shantae to keep the blurry line between friend and foe clear to Risky if they're to get through the latest opposition in the Pirate's Curse. Just imagine Shantae and Risky constantly engaging each other in mini boss fights, that'll be loads of fun! =P

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:And yes, I do worry about such things.

You still get that level of immersion with games? Wow, I haven't felt that way about games since I was a kid. Used to get so involved that the character's problems were my problems, oh how I took FPSs, 3D Zelda and Sonic games so seriously. XD Even freaking Pokemon games, I could almost reach out and hug my Espeon. :3

Anyway, I don't think they'll do anything that gut wrenching, at least not the permanent kind of twists. Shantae's friends might be rattled, but they'll be okay. XD The series is too light-hearted to do anything too dark, but they will dance around it (No pun intended.) if Risky's Revenge is anything to go on.

It was amazing how well they balanced the dark/light-hearted stuff in RR, IMO. You can be plowing through enemies happily with pure confidence and energy, then the next thing you know, **** gets real. XD I loved that, and can't wait to see if they explore that element a little further in the Pirate's Curse.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 am

I wish I could be so sure about that. :/
But I guess we will see in the end.

Also, OF COURSE I immerse myself like that with a game.
After all, isn't that what video games are about?
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm really looking forward to how Shantae and Risky's personalities change over the course of the story. Shantae, I expect will come to enjoy the romance of the pirate lifestyle, and may even grow to like Risky to a certain extent. Risky, meanwhile, will be torn between a desire to get revenge on Shantae and the opportunity to corrupt her; maybe even offering the genie a permanant place in her crew.

More than anything else though, I'm looking forward to Rottytops. Her disturbing (yet adorable) obsession with Shantae was my favorite part of RR, and I'm really curious to see how she's been handling things. She's morally oblivious, but was clearly distraught at the end. Was it really just because of her insatiable need to eat Shantae's brains, or was she aware that she had just destroyed a dear friendship?
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 pm

I completely forgot about how unique Rotty's obsession with Shantae was; even early on in the first game she was really interested in snacking on Shantae's brain. XD And that's a good prediction, fm3, Shantae and Risky's pairing could play out that way to some extent. =P

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:I wish I could be so sure about that. :/
But I guess we will see in the end.

Also, OF COURSE I immerse myself like that with a game.
After all, isn't that what video games are about?

I wasn't so sure about Risky's Revenge, so I can't say anything, but now that I've played two games from the series I feel like I have some idea what to expect. (But of course every game I play exceeds my expectations and then some. XD)

Eh, true, I just don't take games as seriously as I used to. Now I just get uber-sucked into the atmosphere of the game with it's environments and music; don't really get same level of immersion you still have outside of nostalgia and trips down memory lane, sadly. D:
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm

.Luke wrote:Eh, true, I just don't take games as seriously as I used to. Now I just get uber-sucked into the atmosphere of the game with it's environments and music; don't really get same level of immersion you still have outside of nostalgia and trips down memory lane, sadly. D:
I don't think you understand me.

This isn't about "Taking games seriously".
It's about entering the game world, becoming one with it, becoming one with the main character that you play as and live out their role and see their world with your own eyes.
This is the meaning behind "immersion".
And that is part of any and all "ARTWORK". Be it "drawings/painting", "movies" or "video games".

Tho "video games" deliver the biggest amount of immersion, given that you not only see the world, but actually are able to interact with it.

But that doesn't mean that I "take games seriously", aka give them a larger priority in life that they should have.
It just means that I enjoy video games to their fullest.
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Looks like I epicly fumbled on articulating that one. :# By "serious" that's kinda what I meant, but yeah, wrong choice of words. XD You've got it much more clearly worded than I did. I just can't get as involved in games myself anymore, even new ones; the magic's gone.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:44 am

I'm kinda in the same boat as Luke, if not mainly because I've been playing so many games for so long, and that I've grown all wrinkly and jaded. I can still appreciate a good story in a game, but I never see myself actually journeying through the fourth wall as often. It does make me wonder though what older games would've felt like had I played them nowadays, and vice-versa.

That said, I'm certain there will be plenty of grins to be cracked with Shantae playing pirate, and I'm pretty curious to see how things play out between her and the others as a result

Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl on Thu May 30, 2013 12:24 am

Shantae doesn't really look bad in pirate garb. Hope it will be an in game alternative costume.
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: