Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster World IV

Go down

Monster World IV Empty Monster World IV

Post by Nai255 Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 am

When I think of Shantae, I also tend to think of another game:

Monster World IV, last in the Wonder Boy / Monster World series, has finally gotten an official English release after all these years as a digital download for the Wii, PS3, and 360. I got to play through this one a while back via fan-translated ROM, but would suggest picking this up (again) to show your support for this gem and those willing to bring us an official copy.

MWIV isn't quite as nonlinear compared to Shantae, but I didn't see it as a bad thing. Those used to the wide-open nature of other Wonder Boy games might, though. Regardless, it's a solid platforming adventure with great gameplay, an adorable yet useful sidekick, and even a shield that's worth using. There needs to be more action games that encourage defensive tactics. And don't let the Zelda II-style combat put you off: I thought the difficulty level for this game was just right, eheh.

If you like Shantae, or platformers in general, there's little to hold against MWIV... except maybe the Ice Pyramid, which I'm pretty sure melted and simply became Ocarina of Time's Water Temple years later ; P
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down