Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Givingthanks

3 posters

Go down

Givingthanks Empty Givingthanks

Post by Nai255 Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 pm

"We thank the Heavens for our good fate
with family, friends, and food on plate"

Another year, another turkey. So what are you thankful for?

I give thanks:
* For the emergency workers who endlessly strive to keep us safe and healthy
* For our families, who gave us life and give us love
* For our friends, always there to care and share
* For our homes, keeping bad weather out and good food in
* For game developers like WayForward, who work hard to bring us quality entertainment and jivin' genies

And everyone here at the portal. I've met some nice friends here and I hope we may continue to maintain a strong bond together, no matter where life takes us. Thank you : )
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Givingthanks Empty What am I thankful for?

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm thankful for my family for taking care of me.

I'm thankful for my friends for supporting me.

I'm thankful for my loved ones that tragically passed.

And I'm thankful for the people who sacrifice(d) their lives for us all.

I'm thankful for WayForward for keeping Shantae going.

I'm thankful for Nintendo, Sony, and all their supporters.

And I'm thankful for the Shantae Fans Portal for bringing all these Shantae fans together.

Thank you.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Givingthanks Empty Re: Givingthanks

Post by .Luke Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 pm

You guys listed a lot of things we should all be very much grateful for, nicely put, the both of you. :'3

This Thanksgiving, I think I managed to stuff my face with more food than I could keep down, but that wasn't the only best part of the holiday. Christmas and all the gift-giving that comes with it might be around the corner, but it's holiday's like this that are always there to remind us of what priceless gifts we already have in our family and friends.

Most days of celebration these days are a huge "meh" to me, even my own birthday now, but I still very much love the spirit of this holiday as much I ever have. It's as much a time for thought and soul-searching to me as it is to spend time with family and friends, remembering how irreplaceable each and every one of them are in my life.

I know that for the most part, it might be all about digging into the turkey, and being thankful that we can have and prepare a plentiful bounty to feast on to our heart's content, but Thanksgiving has evolved into much more than that now in my heart, now more than ever.

And yes, I'm thankful for many other things too, but they're simply too many to number and list here, that's how many things I have to be thankful for this year. Even though I've got a long way to go before I'm on my own two feet and pursuing my dreams, I've never felt better about going forward and reaching out for life. My gazed is locked on the prize and I will not stop until my feet touch the sands.

Blah! That was a little touchy, but this Thanksgiving has been very different for me. It wasn't just another day, it was a reminder, and a deep one at that. Call me crazy, but I'm grateful we have holidays like this. Not just for the food either, but the food for thought that comes with it.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Givingthanks Empty Re: Givingthanks

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum