Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney's DuckTales Remastered

+3
Nai255
.Luke
Maetch
7 posters

Go down

Disney's DuckTales Remastered Empty Disney's DuckTales Remastered

Post by Maetch Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Back when the NES was strong, Capcom could do no wrong, and Disney was ruling the weekday afternoons, a surprisingly good series of licensed games were created from their combined resources, the most iconic of which is getting a WayForward revival.

Information:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/03/22/woo-hoo-ducktales-is-back

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFJ4NmsAfzw

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Disney's DuckTales Remastered Empty Re: Disney's DuckTales Remastered

Post by .Luke Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Haha, I heard all about this on the Retro boards, and would have posted it myself, but I was horribly distracted. =P

Anyway, this is pretty exciting news, and it's putting WayForward's name out there too. ^^ I'm quite surprised they're working with Capcom on this one, but they've only been screwed out of a publisher for one game out of many before, so no hard feelings, probably.

I never played the original game, even years later, but this definitely has my attention. Can't wait to see how this one pans out; a lot of NES platformers could use a makeover like this.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 am

.Luke wrote:I'm quite surprised they're working with Capcom on this one
They have to, since Capcom made the original game and thus has the rights to the material. Plus, WayForward likely had to deal with Disney just to use the characters themselves, and Disney is even more of a legal pain to battle.

I'm just glad they pulled it all off wth the legalities.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:36 am

Exclamation Bless me bagpipes! I never would've imagined such a thing coming to be, ha ha.
Can't really say for sure if I'll be trying this one immediately, but it's nonetheless amazing to see another childhood favorite given some WayForward love. I'm really amazed how far their retro-revival reach has grown over the years
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Gold Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:17 pm

The more I read about this one, the more it blows my mind. Not because the original game was an old favorite (I never actually played it) or the series was an all time favorite (I watched it, and there was certainly nothing wrong with it), but because of how much hype--and effort!--a remake of a twenty year old game (which was apparently very good) about a series that's long finished is getting! They're reflecting the original animations while fleshing them out (i.e. Scrooge grabs his hat and adjusts it when he comes out of his "pogo cane"), they got the entire original voice cast back for this game, and the feedback has been nothing but positive so far.

One warning I read from someone on another site (who is very level-headed) is to beware the hype with this one. Knowing that it's WayForward, there's no doubt in my mind that it will be a good game, but there's always the chance of it falling short of expectations to be aware of (particularly if you're of the "they changed to much, it's ruined" or "they didn't make it different enough, it sucks" mindsets). Not that I think anyone here is setting themselves up for disappointment or anything, but that's something to keep in mind and maybe keep friends in check about.

Anyway, at this point I can't see myself not getting this game. I never tried the original (which is apparently a really good game in its own right), so this will be a new experience for me. Since I did watch the series, seeing these characters with their original voices will be welcome. And, of course, I'll take whatever chance I can get to support WayForward, and I expect they won't fail to deliver a good game!
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 am

August 18th is the currently planned release date for PS3 and WiiU (XBox360, however, stalled their version's release for a month). It won't be long now.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:11 am

That's pretty exciting. ^^ I didn't know the release was this soon. Really can't wait to see how they handle an update to this classic.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:31 am

The theme song will get completely stuck in your head for ages.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by gymleaderben Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:54 am

Probably gonna snag in on steam. Very excited!
gymleaderben
gymleaderben
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

http://www.bakosy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 am

Ahh don't have a Wii U OR PS3... Suppose I'll need to make a Steam account.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:08 pm

If you have a 360, it's still coming out for that platform too, but getting delayed, like Maetch said. Although if you get a Steam account, there's always the occasional Steam sales to take advantage of for other PC games too. Twisted Evil
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Nothing like a good ol' Steam sale to make one feel like a big bucks McDuck, eheh.
So it is coming to Steam, then? that's good news since I don't have any of the other systems it's heading to
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:56 pm

After a considerable playthrough (and barring several slanderous reviews on certain websites), I will say that this game does both the NES original and the classic TV show justice. Could've stood to cut down on the action-halting cutscenes a bit, but it's a small hassle since most of them are pretty humorous. Plus, there's a few clever Easter eggs, such as:
Spoiler:

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:17 am

Yeah, I can't believe what I've heard of the reviews myself. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S TOO HARD, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA EASY MODE IS TOO EASY". Apparently everybody wanted it to play like the original, but they didn't really want to it play like the original; there's no pleasing anybody with remakes, apparently. I mean, with video game journalists, I'd think they would really love games and be uber masochists, but I guess not.

Goes to show WayForward knows how to make a hard game, at least. You've got really easy games like Shantae, (A hard mode, ala Metroid Zero Mission, wouldn't hurt.) then here comes Contra 4 and the DuckTales remake. Let's hope none of the press's butthurt tarnishes this game's success.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum