Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Indie-Games?

4 posters

Go down

Good Indie-Games? Empty Good Indie-Games?

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed May 01, 2013 10:57 am

Since I am more and more getting into the Indie-fanbase, I might as well enter digital shopping and get some gems.

Are they any indie-games that you recommend?
I would like to see some great games. Extra Smile
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Good Indie-Games? Empty Re: Good Indie-Games?

Post by Nai255 Wed May 01, 2013 12:21 pm

I always enjoy a good indie game. A few I can think of off the top of my head:

* Aquaria
An excellent underwater action adventure, equal parts exploration and relaxation. If you took Ecco the Dolphin and gave it the Metroid / Zelda treatment, you'd have this game which rivals even the big fish in the gaming industry.

* Bastion
Very stylized 3/4 view action game with pristine presentation value. Plenty of weapons and skills to tinker around with in a smooth, satisfying combat system Self-imposed challenges/handicaps lend itself to a dynamic difficulty that makes the whole experience as breezy or brutal as you like.

* Super Meat Boy
A basic yet well-refined platformer that starts off simple enough, but only gets harder... and harder still. Highly addicting, and plenty of user-made bonus levels in case you somehow tire of the massive main game 7,000+ deaths later.

* Braid
* World of Goo
An excellent pair of puzzle games. Words alone can't really do them justice. Besides, I'm running out of unique descriptions for all these, eheh.

And these are just amongst the indie games that I've played. There's still so many out there that look well worth a try. I'd say ask around or take a look for yourself. Steam in particular has a great indie catalog that's always growing. You never know what you'll discover Smile
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Either Minecraft or Terraira
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue May 14, 2013 6:26 pm

^ Minecraft would definitely count. Dunno about the rest, but Bastion's tempting me to try the demo on Steam.

There's Fez coming to the PC as well. The co-creator is a complete jerkwad, but that doesn't make the game he created with the rest of the team any less special, from what I hear at least. It'd probably be a good idea to check out videos of that.

Also, if you're into sandbox games, and have a pretty solid PC rig, FromDust is a very interesting concept that plays out quite nicely on the PSN demo. The PC port isn't properly optimized, but it is also on the PSN now if you'd prefer playing it on your PS3.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum