Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendo and Sega are officially partners.

+2
Paragon-Yoshi
ShantaeVocaloid
6 posters

Go down

Nintendo and Sega are officially partners. Empty Nintendo and Sega are officially partners.

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Fri May 17, 2013 12:20 pm

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but after the whole Let's Play ad-rev move, I'm quite happy with this. Extra Smile

ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Nintendo and Sega are officially partners. Empty Re: Nintendo and Sega are officially partners.

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Fri May 17, 2013 3:43 pm

I can only hope this doesn't mean that Nintendo is going to ditch quality in favour of money, like Sega did for many years now.
Rushing games, releasing glitchy, unfinished or outright bad games, just to satisfy the fanboys and get the money.

Because they only cared about money.

Nintendo still is one of the very few devs out there that care about quality.
And it would feel horrible to see them go corrupt as well.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Nintendo and Sega are officially partners. Empty Re: Nintendo and Sega are officially partners.

Post by fm3 Fri May 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm so torn apart by this. As a fan, I hope this means better quality games will become the standard; but as a megalomaniac with dreams of owning the Sonic franchise, I was hoping SEGA would continue not really getting it.

Oh, well. Maybe only focusing on building games for two systems will free up enough of Sonic Team's design time to make good storylines.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Cue the crossovers.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Fri May 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Nintendo still is one of the very few devs out there that care about quality.
Yeah, the quality of Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokémon games. Everything else is left to fend for itself.

I mean, look at Metroid: Other M. They sure didn't care about that game's quality (or lack thereof). And third-party games like Shantae have it even rougher since Nintendo apparently doesn't like taking chances on new or minor IPs unless Miyamoto himself is helming them (methinks the company is too dependent on Miyamoto these days).

Anyway, don't think Nintendo is above criticism any more than Sony or Microsoft. They tend to rely too much on what's proven to sell and often don't give anything new a proper chance.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat May 18, 2013 6:15 am

^ Don't forget how big of a flip-flop the fanbase is too. As much as people complain about the lack of new IP on Nintendo consoles, nobody can take their eyes off the screen at E3 long enough when a new Mario game is revealed, to notice anything else, even a potential gem in the making. Every fanbase has its sheep, I guess.

Maetch wrote:I mean, look at Metroid: Other M. They sure didn't care about that game's quality (or lack thereof).

I'm sorry, but you make the game sound like it's a worthless pile of rat feces that went straight to market without ever passing quality assurance or beta testing, which it's not. After finally playing through it myself, Other M is one of the best looking games on the Wii. It has solid, tight controls, nice cutscenes, and clearly Team Ninja gave it their best effort, and they wouldn't have been chosen to work on the IP if they were terrible at putting games together. It's just two, I repeat, TWO, tiny moments in the story out of the entire game, that "ruins" it for the fanbase and keeps it from achieving universal acclaim above the Metroid Prime trilogy.

After hearing all the rabid, stupid, childish hate I've read before actually playing it, I have no words for that pettiness, I really don't. Team Ninja's given just a little leeway, and the fans rabidly revolt and cry blasphemy over two things that are hardly a character assassination, (Whether it was necessary for the story or not.) out of all the other things gameplay-wise they could have complained about. It's so overblown I can't believe everyone was so vocal about it; God, do we all live such safe, boring lives that we have to spice things up by getting angry over things like this?

This is why old franchises can't do new things, because as much as people ironically complain about them growing stale, old characters + new things/experimenting = angry keyboard warriors. "Oh we want a new game, but make it exactly like the old one and don't change a thing! We'll love you forever and ever.", enter Devil May Cry IV, Capcom understood this flip-flop logic of fans perfectly well when they designed Nero. Metroid Prime only gets an exemption because it was so well pulled off; just about everyone was hating the idea of a Metroid FPS, and if the game wasn't so intelligently put together, the hate would have stuck.

Sorry for springboarding that tangent from your quote, but I guess I had to get that off my chest. It's always bothered me how much opposition the Metroid games get; (Even the first Metroid's play tester's hated it and thought it would never sell. The game had a lot going against it and was a huge risk.) it's sick and I'm always disgusted how irate people can act over freaking video games.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Sat May 18, 2013 3:59 pm

.Luke wrote:^ Don't forget how big of a flip-flop the fanbase is too. As much as people complain about the lack of new IP on Nintendo consoles, nobody can take their eyes off the screen at E3 long enough when a new Mario game is revealed, to notice anything else, even a potential gem in the making. Every fanbase has its sheep, I guess.

Maetch wrote:I mean, look at Metroid: Other M. They sure didn't care about that game's quality (or lack thereof).

I'm sorry, but you make the game sound like it's a worthless pile of rat feces that went straight to market without ever passing quality assurance or beta testing, which it's not. After finally playing through it myself, Other M is one of the best looking games on the Wii. It has solid, tight controls, nice cutscenes, and clearly Team Ninja gave it their best effort, and they wouldn't have been chosen to work on the IP if they were terrible at putting games together. It's just two, I repeat, TWO, tiny moments in the story out of the entire game, that "ruins" it for the fanbase and keeps it from achieving universal acclaim above the Metroid Prime trilogy.

After hearing all the rabid, stupid, childish hate I've read before actually playing it, I have no words for that pettiness, I really don't. Team Ninja's given just a little leeway, and the fans rabidly revolt and cry blasphemy over two things that are hardly a character assassination, (Whether it was necessary for the story or not.) out of all the other things gameplay-wise they could have complained about. It's so overblown I can't believe everyone was so vocal about it; God, do we all live such safe, boring lives that we have to spice things up by getting angry over things like this?
Team Ninja had almost no control over the game outside of making it. Everything that went into Other M was controlled by Nintendo's own Yoshio Sakamoto, who apparently wanted to turn the series into his version of Metal Gear Solid: linear, cutscene-choked, and overly sappy. There's no sense of freedom or exploration (both of which are staples of the series), the controls and gameplay are solid but offer no immersion, and the overall storyline is a mess. It all probably wouldn't have been half as bad if it wasn't for Sakamoto completely refusing to accept any dissenting feedback towards his "ideal" Metroid game (and Team Ninja apparently had quite a bit).

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Sat May 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Maetch wrote:Team Ninja had almost no control over the game outside of making it. Everything that went into Other M was controlled by Nintendo's own Yoshio Sakamoto, who apparently wanted to turn the series into his version of Metal Gear Solid: linear, cutscene-choked, and overly sappy. There's no sense of freedom or exploration (both of which are staples of the series), the controls and gameplay are solid but offer no immersion, and the overall storyline is a mess. It all probably wouldn't have been half as bad if it wasn't for Sakamoto completely refusing to accept any dissenting feedback towards his "ideal" Metroid game (and Team Ninja apparently had quite a bit).

If you're going to turn this into a repeat of last time, I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop you here. Now let each other like what they like and stop arguing.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat May 18, 2013 7:33 pm

I don't think him correcting me on straight facts is hardly arguing. Sounds to me like Team Ninja didn't actually have any freedom at all, if they were overseen by someone else from Nintendo's own fold, and worst of all that influence not listening to feedback that could have made the game better than it was.

Either way, back on topic, I don't really know what to get excited about just yet, since all that's been revealed are a few scarce details and one screenshot. (Or concept art?) It's the difference between getting psyched over a new attempt at a 3D Sonic, or something that's not even a platformer.

Sonic's first exclusive outing on the WiiU and 3DS is interesting, regardless, so I hope something great comes of it; a partnership between Nintendo and SEGA on a serious exclusive like this was only a dream years ago.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Relax, Vocaloid.
Nobody is going to rip each other's face out.

Tho it's true that it might stray a little too far from the actual subject.
So let us get back to the new Sonic game ASAP then.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum