Shantae Games - Tips ad Tricks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shantae Games - Tips ad Tricks

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Share some useful tips and tricks for the Shantae games, that you might have found.

Here are some of mine for the ORIGNAL SHANTAE!
Gem sweet-spot near Water Town
ÍMO the most potent place to farm gems!

From "Water Town" you go left, until you reach holes where those Worm-enemies continuously spawn from.
Simply slaughter those worm enemies again and again and pick up everything they drop.

To speed up the process more, stand between the holes when whipping them.
You can turn around and still whip fast, by pressing left or right between every time you hit B.
With a little practice, you should be able to swiftly defeat the worms, even if they surround you.

It is essential that you pick up everything they drop ASAP.
Less worms will spawn, as long as pick-up's are on the map. And they will stop spawning completely, when there are three pick-up's lying around.

So in a nutshell, stand between the holes and both slaughter all the worms and pick up their droppings as fast as possible.
You will want the spawn-rate to remain as high as possible.

They either drop, a small heart, a small gem (1 gem) or a middle gem (5 gems).
Of course, you should try not to get hit too much. But the first priority is to slaugher and collect as fast as possible.
Since they also drop hearts, you shouldn't worry about your health too much.
And if you somehow end up with low health, you can retreat to Water Town, use the Bath House to regain your health, then go back and continue.

I got ALL FIGHTERS GEAR BEFORE THE FIRST DUNGEON WITHIN ONE HOUR this way!!!

Early Spider Forest Heart Holder
Normally, you would need the Spider-Form to reach it.
But there is actually a way to get it much earlier.

Requirements: Fighter's Cuff and Fighter's Tiara

From the hill, where the Heart Holder rests on, go right.
The key to getting it, is first tree you come across. But you will need to use another tree, to the right of it, to get on top of the key-tree.
Once you stand on top of that tree, position yourself as far to the left as possible, without falling down.
Once you found the perfect spot, charge your Elbow-Attack, let go of the B-Button and IMMEDIATELY PRESS IT AGAIN, to perform the Twirl-attack.
With a little luck, Shantae soars through mid-air and lands on top of the hill.

It requires proper positioning and timing to work. So you might need to retry a few times.
But I did it on my FIRST TRY!!!

Those are mine. You got any more to share? Kitty Face

Last edited by Paragon-Yoshi on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Shantae Games - Tips ad Tricks

Post by .Luke on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:09 pm

This might be an easier way to get gems than figuring out how to cheat with a third-party tool. It always annoyed me how difficult they made it to collect gems in Shantae, but Risky's Revenge is thankfully more generous with them, if I remember that right from my cousin's playthroughs of the game.
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:05 pm

I remember messing around by a couple of the heart holders and being able to get them earlier than intended.

The first is in Naga Valley just left of Scuttle Town, underground with the sliding door that shuts when you approach it. Normally you would use vanishing cream to pass through the wall or use the Monkey form to squeeze under the door as it's closing (I'd always do the latter before I learned about the former from Brickroad), but with a little back-and-forth psych out action, Shantae herself can get inside without transforming if she's running.

The second is the heart holder in the forest Yoshi mentioned. Shantae can also reach this one untransformed if you run and jump up towards the rightmost slope then immediately press and hold jump right as you hit the slope, you can get another jump off. The timing window is small and you have to do this a few times in a row, but it is doable.

Heck, if you've farmed up gems for the Fighter's Cuff and Tiara, you can use the whirling elbow to dash jump up to the heart holder just east of Scuttle Town that normally requires Monkey form. That makes it possible to have as many as 6 hearts before setting foot in Dribble Fountain Exclamation

Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Actually, you can get the Heart Holder in Naga Wasteland from the beginning.
Just buy the Vanish Cream in Scuttle Town and it is yours.

As for the Heart Holder in Scarecrow Fields.
Yes it should be possible. But IMO, backtracking there just to get it before the Monkey Dance is more trouble than it's worth.
**** those unfair overworld-enemies. D:
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Lampshade on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:28 am

One of the things I disliked the most about the original Shantae game was how inconvenient it was to go from point A to point B, since the enemies were designed to be as dangerous as possible, and sometimes, you fall down pits and die because 0 lives.

I figured the first heart holder in the Naga Wasteland was possible, but I found out about how to get it too late.

One of the first things I did was farm for gems to get the 50% of the fighting equipment, although I didn't use until later in the game when I realized you can kill things quicker with it.

Deadly Lampshade
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Deadliest of Lampshades

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, I didn't realize they helped defeat baddies quicker until later either. I just thought they were alternate ways of attacking enemies. Twisted Evil

Getting from town to town can be pretty crazy, especially when you're feeling impatient and want to run through it, the enemies really slow you down, but at least we have the warp squids. And if not for Greed Jars, getting enough gems to buy anything between dungeons would be such a pain, that I wouldn't want to replay the game without an Action Replay. I'd guess the item was made for that reason, if it was easier than re-balancing how gems were already dispersed.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Lampshade on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah, it's difficult for people like me who like to get things done quickly, since you usually end up falling in a pit or pricked to death by many of the difficult to dodge enemies.

Throughout my original playthrough, I never used greed jars, I never really used any of the items period, just potions and the fighting equipment, I used some of the other items when I had to get something like a heart container or the monkey talisman.

Deadly Lampshade
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Same here, enemies can be pretty annoying to deal with when you're more into running and jumping your way to the next town.

Yeah, I never used greed jars up until my third playthrough; items can help immensely, but you don't need them to progress through the game. It's rare I even have a use for float muffins if I'm not exploring.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Lampshade on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Also, not really a tip, more like a minor observation I've given a meaning to.

In Risky's Revenge, sometimes you hear crickets chirping in dungeons, I think this indicates there's a secret item you've already collected here.

Deadly Lampshade
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Deadly Lampshade wrote:Also, not really a tip, more like a minor observation I've given a meaning to.

In Risky's Revenge, sometimes you hear crickets chirping in dungeons, I think this indicates there's a secret item you've already collected here.
Wow.
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:59 am

Interesting, Lampshade. I'll have to go back to check that out.
Never would've caught that on my own. After all, it took me years to figure out the whole Miles "Tails" Prower bit, eheh.

Oh, I almost forgot about a super tip for Risky's Revenge: try crawling backwards out of the Scuttle Town save house
( but make sure you've saved first Playful Wink )

Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Lampshade on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 am

Nai255 wrote:Interesting, Lampshade. I'll have to go back to check that out.
Never would've caught that on my own. After all, it took me years to figure out the whole Miles "Tails" Prower bit, eheh.

Oh, I almost forgot about a super tip for Risky's Revenge: try crawling backwards out of the Scuttle Town save house
I'll play the game again and check it out later. Because honestly, I hear those crickets and I wonder why they're there, since a lot of the time they just feel so out of place in the dungeons, and I thought perhaps they have something to do with secret stuff?

Deadly Lampshade
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 am

Nai255 wrote:Interesting, Lampshade. I'll have to go back to check that out.

Is this a glitch?
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Lampshade on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:32 am

Nai255 wrote:Oh, I almost forgot about a super tip for Risky's Revenge: try crawling backwards out of the Scuttle Town save house
Which version, because I'm playing the DS version and it seems like it's impossible to actually crawl backwards.

Deadly Lampshade
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum