Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shantae Pirate's Curse, Playable At PAX

+2
Axol The Axolotl
BossFight
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shantae Pirate's Curse, Playable At PAX - Page 3 Empty Re: Shantae Pirate's Curse, Playable At PAX

Post by Guest Wed May 28, 2014 8:18 pm

GUYS, GUYS, SHANTAE'S GETTING A SEQUEL, HAVE YOU H-

.....oh. Seven-ish years too late? Embarassed

Heh heh, yet I wonder, what *was* the constitution of the Shantae fanbase, then. Stands to reason that they'd (we'd?) be scattered across the 'Net, yet perhaps there was a bastion of fandom somewhere? Anybody know? O: Just wonderin' as we sit & await further news on Shantae 3. ^^

Back to top Go down

Shantae Pirate's Curse, Playable At PAX - Page 3 Empty Re: Shantae Pirate's Curse, Playable At PAX

Post by .Luke Thu May 29, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't imagine there was much an organized fanbase for Shantae anywhere before Risky's Revenge. Most of what I see from back then amount to random bits of fan art of Shantae from artists wanting a sequel. Twisted Evil It'd be great if somebody who's been around the fanbase since the GBC release could comment on this.

Also, convenient you're waiting for news about Pirate's Curse, because WayForward posted something exciting just minutes ago!

WayForward wrote:Quick message from our Creative Director Matt Bozon:

Stick around Shantae Fans! We’ll be dropping some HUGE news about Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse during the week of E3! See you then!
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Heh heh heh, yup, timing indeed~ X3 SEE, this is why I posted that: to spur WF to action! Laughing

Mmm, regarding what it could entail - I'd prefer game details to a release date, by this point. I've already accepted that the game shall debut later than anticipated. Juicy details would be groovy to learn indeed~ 83

Also, is that comment of yours on their FB a photograph of /your/ Game Boy Color? XD If so, WELL PLAYED, sir. -salute-

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri May 30, 2014 3:33 pm

How'd you know it was me? Razz It's not a photo of my Gameboy Color, (Mine's transparent purple, and it's gone unused for years without many decent games to play on it.) but I saw the meme before and knew it'd come in handy to save for later.

I know! More details would be nice, but it's also great they're not revealing everything either. I spoiled nearly everything for myself about Brawl through the Smash Bros Dojo before release, and it was no wonder the game couldn't surprise me like Melee did, so it was less fun.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I knew 'twas you since "Jonathan S. Cheathem" be plastered upon your dA profile. Kitty Face Heh heh.

Anyway, news indeed! O.O The game shall also release on Wii U with HD artwork (retaining the pixel sprites).

Details: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/exclusive_shantae_and_the_pirates_curse_is_also_coming_to_wii_u

Since I don't own a Wii U, nor do I plan to purchase one, I'll stick to the 3DS release. Nonetheless, this oughta be a solid addition to the Wii U's repertoire. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Spiffin'! Just got the news on the Shantae Steam group.
Nice that WF has been showing equal love for both console and handheld lately  Wink 
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm very glad to see not only a new trailer, but one loaded with game play footage. It's like getting rain in Death Valley! I swear I saw the Dancer outfit from the iOS edition of Risky's Revenge in there too, and that makes me happy.

Seeing the WiiU logo at the end got me extra excited too. Lovestruck It's great that the game will be fully playable on the big screen. I think I'd still get the 3DS version myself for portability's sake, but that's amazing having as an option.

Tekaramity wrote:I knew 'twas you since "Jonathan S. Cheathem" be plastered upon your dA profile. Kitty Face Heh heh.

Oh yeah, I keep my real name up on my dA, I forgot. Twisted Evil I like feeling real and approachable, even with my fun side showing in my nick and avatar.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:30 pm

At this point, I'm wondering if there's some kind of conspiracy in Nintendo and/or WayForward that keeps Shantae games from getting any timely release.

EDIT: Release date is now set for October 23th. We'll see if WayForward can actually stick to it this time.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38682/shantae-and-the-pirates-curse-gets-a-3ds-release-date

Last edited by Maetch on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Finally, a possible release by the end of this month? I was starting to worry that actual pirates had cursed the source code Playful Wink

Between this and Smash Bros, I can definitely see myself getting a Wii U in the near future
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:36 pm

15 days? Time to clock overtime at my new job. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:40 am

Promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCn9Bj1y86A

*If the narrator is supposed to be Shantae's voice, I'm not feeling it. Sounds too ditzy for someone who's supposed to be a fairly-serious but optimistic adventurer.

*So, RottyTops was a Japanese schoolgirl before she died... typical WayForward, as juvenile in their humor as ever.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:48 am

I was quick to repost the news on Tumblr as soon as WayForward posted it on Twitter, but it slipped my mind to mention it on the forums too. Thanks for posting it here, Maetch.

Regardless, Rotty is as morbidly adorable as ever. It'll be interesting to see how the events they're showing in Pirate's Curse play a role in the overall story.

Her new voice caught me by surprise too, but Cristina honestly sounds great to me. We'll see how well her voice fits the half-genie hero once the game's released.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3