What are you playing right now?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Nai255 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:04 pm

I know that feeling. Seems like there's not enough time anymore to try every game in between whatever else life tosses at us. I don't mind picking and choosing what to play nowadays though, but I still have trouble staying motivated to do other things outside of gaming.

Recently I picked up Mighty Milky Way and Switch Force 2 to round out my Mighty collection and celebrate WayForward's successful KickStarter: good shtuff so far, can't complain.

It's been a while since I really cared about Pokemon, yet I've felt the urge to rent Pokemon Y just for laughs, so I may start playing that sometime next week.

Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:36 am

Ah, so you've got Y now, Nai? Hey, that rhymed! Twisted Evil

As for me, I recently got Metal Gear Solid for the PC working through WINE on Linux, so I'm totally interested in playing that now. Might see if the Windows version of Steam works on my current WINE version after I beat that game, I'd love to dive into Deus Ex. It's amazing how many shooters I've played on the PC as a teen, and still missed out on the half of them.
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:54 pm

Welp, it's been fun, ladies and gentlemen, but Kalos calls~ Ya won't see much of me for the next few days as I blaze through Pokémon X & Y with my fiancee (X for me and Y for her). Playful Wink Catch ya on the flip side of Poké-fever! X3

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:13 pm

It's great you and your fiancée enjoy Pokemon together, and it's alright man, some of my friends on Skype are pretty quiet because of X and Y as well. Twisted Evil You two have a great weekend going nuts in the Kalo region!
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rakuraiji on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm

wooooh! just got myself pokemon Y today!
freakin awesome! X3

New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Rakuraiji wrote:wooooh! just got myself pokemon Y today!
freakin awesome! X3
And another one is claimed by the Pokemons. Twisted Evil

It might be a while before I get a 3DS and Pokemon X, but I do have plenty of new older games to play in the meantime. Especially this :

ALL MY NOSTALGIA FEELS
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:58 pm

I got Pokemon X! Rakuraiji, hit me up on the game. I don't know how we add each other on the game.
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rakuraiji on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:50 am

BossFight wrote:I got Pokemon X!  Rakuraiji, hit me up on the game. I don't know how we add each other on the game.
Just gimme your 3DS Friendcode. Smile
mine is: 2750-1086-2618

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Ahhh cool I added you. Mine is 4742-4786-7576. Anyone else here with a 3DS go ahead and add me too!
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Ok if I add you two on 3DS, BossFight and Rakuraiji? My code is: 1048-8176-5088

Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:12 pm

**** yeah and I'll add you too when I get back to my house. You can save me as my name here or Rayner (real name), whichever you prefer.
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Poké X. Poké X. Nothing and nothing 'cept Poké X. @.@

@Luke: How does nostalgia 'feel' to you? I've never really felt it for anything, far as I can tell, and so I'm curious. Like, for example, when I replay Genesis-era titles, I appreciate and enjoy them, but I never get 'smacked' with a wave of nostalgia. 'Tis merely a delight like any other, modern or classic each. I s'pose the same would hold true if I replayed MGS1 (or 2, or 3, etc.).

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:49 pm

It's cool to see so many people sharing friend codes after Pokemon X/Y's release. Awesome Face

And it's good to see you again, Tekaramity. Twisted Evil For me, nostalgia is more about recollecting a different period of time than a feeling. The feel of the original controllers in my hands, the sound effects, variety of colors popping out on the old CRT screen, inserting my favorite colored memory cards into the system, the scent of the smooth, clean hardware fresh from the shrink wrap, and so on.

For instance, when I'm playing Rayman 2 or Spyro the Dragon on the PSX, I don't think about how the game has aged in comparison to modern ports and remakes. I feel like I'm still playing a highly revolutionary and experimental game for its time, so the twitchy textures (A fault of the PSX's hardware, more or less.) and lack of tweening in the models never bugs me. I guess you could call the "nostalgia filter" some people refer too. A little extra eye-candy never hurts, and it did wonders for OoT on the 3DS, but that sense of nostalgia keeps the game from ever feeling too old to play compared to later iterations in that series.

Story-telling and game play has evolved a lot since that time, but I love looking back on the 90's. So to me, nostalgia is all about celebrating and remembering an era where those old relics still hooked up to the TV in our living rooms came from.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Ah, I see. I suppose that's meritorious for ya. S'different for me since my childhood was rife with instability & even a bit of mistreatment. =/ Plus, I was really naive back then. >.< I don't *want* to return to those years. I can enjoy my older games even in 2013 and beyond without mentally rewinding 'back to the late '80s and early '90s.

Does that make sense at all? o.o'' I apologize if it's inconsiderate. Sad

Anyhow, still plugging away at X while my fiancee plugs away at Y. X3 By the time this game wraps up, I might have a bead on my Pokémon generational preference list. -w- Suffice to say, Gen VI is up above a few others at this point. It has met expectations in some aspects, pleasantly excelled in others, and stunningly dropped the ball on yet others. Overall, though? It's a killer app for the 3DS - and it has become my personally necessary '5th of 5' title that justified my 3DS purchase:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Rhythm Thief
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Mighty Switch Force!
Pokémon X

And I haven't even begun WayForward's other eShop releases, not to mention the very promising Shin Megami Tensei IV or Fire Emblem: Awakening. owo Hee, JRPGs, how I appreciate thy proliferation - and the wisdom of several of your current-gen offerings to forgo several of the flawed decisions that plagued many a compatriot title in the 16 years following FF7. OTL

Oh, and I wish it were possible to return eShop gifts to the sender or the shop for a refund. One of my three closest friends gifted me a download copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, but the title yielded me zero enjoyment during the hours I sank into it. =\ I'm just not attracted by the series anymore, I suppose. Bites that my friend can't receive some sort of refund or return (allowing her to hand it out to somebody else).

Also dangit I want Shovel Knight and Freedom Planet and Half-Genie Hero and all of the Kickstarter games. @.@ <3

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 pm

There are some parts of my past I don't want to relive either, I was really dumb as a kid. Twisted Evil Although I did have plenty of good times playing games with my sister and parents, so there's a lot of fondness connected to the games I've played with them. Memories of great times like are what hold me together when times are rough.

And I tend to have a list of must-haves to make console purchases justified myself. If a console has less than 5 games I can't go without, then I'll wait for more games to come first. There are barely 4 games I'd want for the Xbox 360, compared to the several I want that are found only on the PS3, so you can guess which one I'm getting first. Playful Wink

Also, I think I missed hearing about Shovel Knight, but I'm looking forward to Freedom Planet and Half-Genie Hero myself.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:58 am

Exactly, too few must-have titles for a system inflate the system's cost-per-title when factoring its base price into the formula. =/ Just unmanageable, financially, without a moderate range of very viable titles. PS3's got those, I'll attest from personal experience.

Wrapped up Pokémon X and - well, without spoiling anything specific, it's both an impressive high point *and* a disheartening step backward for the series, ranging across a smattering of aspects. Is it good? Yes, it's great. It's more or less the best title on 3DS from what I can tell. A couple of its additions are *superb* and highly laudable. Just, rrgh, daggone, the steps backward disappoint and prevent it from becoming darn near flawless as it could've feasibly been. Nonetheless, I wouldn't advise against it to anyone I know. Smile Nostalgia-busting, ho~! </says a man who generally views Pokémon as a series on the upswing, not a downslide>

Now to play what? My Steam backlog, I suppose. o.o' Or possibly Pokémon Black 2 again. What am I doing with my November.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 am

Fire Emblem Awakening on hard mode.
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Ahh Awakening. I've been feeling like running a second playthrough on it, but a friend's borrowing it right now.

Right now I'm FINALLY going back and finishing some of my never completed games of years past, currently on Dark Cloud 2 (aka Dark Chronicle.) Dialogue's a bit cheesy in comparison to other voice acted games but hey... I kinda like that.
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Whenever I can get another phat PS2, I'd love to find Dark Cloud 2 as well, I hear a lot of good things about it.

As for personal playthroughs, haven't even gotten anywhere in either Pokemon Black or Metal Gear Solid, because of other projects slowing me down. Pouting One of them has even kept me busy enough to not post here for a few days, sorry about that guys.
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Games I've dabbled in during the past (very busy x.x sorry for not appearing here often!) month:

Pokémon X
Pokémon Black 2
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

And, lastly, a smattering of digital pinball tables, for pinball is my jam.  Awesome Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:44 pm

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Dragon Quest III, on GBC, for the first time in ages - I actually owned the original NES cart until my folks accidentally threw it out. DX

Also Pokémon SoulSilver, which....hasn't been much fun, thus far. I had forgotten just how sluggish Johto is, and migrating backward from the major mechanical leaps forward of Gens V and VI is proving slightly agonizing. x.x Let it be forever known that nostalgia does not drive me at all; I greatly prefer the technical and logistical improvements present within Black/White and X/Y. Not to mention, Gen V contains my favorite range of Pokémon, even ahead of Gens III and I.  Cool

Hm, anything else? Nothing of note, I'd reckon. =/ 2014 has been consumed by work and the struggle to survive financially, not so much gaming - OH, well, I did polish off Mighty Switch Force! 2, which turned out to be....almost as grand as the first! In a few ways, such as the intricacy of puzzle design, it likely did surpass the prior game a tad. The mechanics never quite felt spot-on, however, compared to those of MSF! 1 - not that I wouldn't heartily recommend either title (I would, oh yes I would indeed 0.0).

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:55 pm

The Pinball Arcade.
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 am

Currently I'm into eXceed 3rd: Jade Penetrate, Ether Vapor Remaster, Croixleur, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, and other weebaoo games nobody else in existence likes.  Awesome Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Pokémon Black 2. Gunman Clive. Mighty Flip Champs. HOPING that Pirate's Curse will join that list, shortly. Kitty Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum