Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I break the game (shantae for gameboy color)?

2 posters

Go down

Did I break the game (shantae for gameboy color)? Empty Did I break the game (shantae for gameboy color)?

Post by htfhh Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:37 pm

I read in guide that the harpy form is required to beat him. There is a certain room with circular things that launch you. Not the one with the 2 warp squid in it. In this room there is a launcher that launches you up a shaft into another launcher right at the top of the shaft.

At the top of this shaft are doors to the left and right. By dropping from the launcher and holding left or right you can make it into these rooms.

Going left there were two locked doors. I opened one with one key and then went right at the top of the fore-mentioned shaft to get another which I used to open the second door. Shortly after that I reached the boss.

In the launcher room mentioned earlier, I could have continued going left and opened a different locked door there. I'm thinking that maybe this was the "intended" path. I am now unable to open that door since I already used my keys on the "unintended" path. I actually haven't checked around for a long time yet but the inelegance of getting into the rooms at the top of the shaft leaves me suspicious.

It would be nice if I didn't have to restart the game...

(edit: Well, I might have exited the game without saving or something. When I loaded much of what I had done was reset so I could open the right door this time.

I thought I'd mention I played on an emulator for those having the same problem.)

htfhh
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Did I break the game (shantae for gameboy color)? Empty Re: Did I break the game (shantae for gameboy color)?

Post by Nai255 Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:28 pm

This actually happened to me last time I played. Yes, it's quite possible to reach the boss of Mount Pointy without the Harpy dance. Best advice I can give is to make sure you use the save point outside the dungeon, then just reset the game if you find yourself beaten from going off the beaten path. This is the only dungeon where this can happen, as far as I know
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down