Hello everyone, KirbyVolt here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello everyone, KirbyVolt here!

Post by KirbyVolt on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Ahoy there.

I'm KirbyVolt (or KV for short if that's easier) and I'm a small-time Let's Player. Truthfully, I have not been into the Shantae games as long as others have, only starting to play them about 2 years ago. Though what caught my attention at that time was the Kick-Starter and got me curious to play the games since I remembered seeing the GBC one in a gaming magazine a long time ago when it first came out. Needless to say, Shantae has easily become one of my favorite game series of all time. Extra Smile

I stumbled across this board a bit by accident when I was looking up Shantae MIDIs and ended up finding a music/remix thread. I was excited to see that this board was still active, even if it was on and off. You have a lot of great polish to your forums here, and I hope that I can meet that level of dedication when talking with all of you fine folk.

Sorry to ramble on with the introductions, but I'm just pleased as punch to see Shantae getting the attention that she and her games deserve.

Thanks for having me on board, and soon I'll be Ret-2-Go! Wink
KirbyVolt
New Scuttle Town Resident

: Tinkerbacker

https://www.youtube.com/kirbyvolt

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everyone, KirbyVolt here!

Post by .Luke on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:34 am

Glad you could join us, KirbyVolt! I wish I could say the forums were more active, although we've got great people here when posts are rolling in. Awesome Face I'm always updating the forum skin when I find something to improve too.

Pretty much got into Shantae about the same time as you did. I heard about the GBC game on Racketboy.com's article for Hidden GBC gems, and the next thing I knew, I was making fan art and started the first ever fan forum about Shantae. Twisted Evil Funny how things work out.

I feel like the Kickstarter was the best thing for Shantae; she's far from an obscure, half-genie diva these days, and that's a good thing. Can't wait to see if she ends up in Smash Bros eventually.
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KirbyVolt on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:20 am

Thank you for the warm reply!

Still being slightly active is better than inactive I'd say, really love the atmosphere from what I've seen so far here. You have some pretty neatarini art, glad that these games have really inspired people to just go all out. (Such as these emoticons, which are freaking amazing Awesome Face )

I'm glad the Kickstarter got her a bit more into the limelight, but I'm going all-in for getting her into the big leagues with Smash. I have a pretty big project involving her games right now, so hoping to have that out soon to get people Ret-2-Go for the possible Smash inclusion. Still a longshot, but you never know till you try!

Speaking of the Kickstarter though, I recently got a chance to play the beta demo and it was pretty fantastic. Everything about it just really makes me happy I've gotten into this awesome series.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I hope I can be a good contributor to this board!
KirbyVolt

: Tinkerbacker

https://www.youtube.com/kirbyvolt

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:04 pm

We have our fellow contributor Nai255 to thank for our emotes. Cool Shantae is very well loved by everybody on these forums; the time put into them feels worth it. Maybe activity will pick up eventually, it's all a matter of how vocal Shantae fans are, or become. I should post more often myself.

Glad to have you, KirbyVolt. I'm sure you'll add your own splash of color to the canvas of these boards. Have fun being a fan, and enjoying that kickstarter demo!
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum