Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue?

+3
BlutaufKlaue
Incredibleintruder
Paragon-Yoshi
7 posters

Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue?

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sat May 26, 2012 3:42 pm

So, about time someone opened a thread here. Smile

The title should say it all.
With so many loose ends, "Risky's Revenge" pretty much cries out for a sequel to tie them up.
The ending was heavily criticised by some people. Which I think is justified.

If the story is continued in a later game, then it might well work. But as it stands now, it is more like a mental kick in the balls.
But I am sure Matt Bozon already planned things out.

Nevertheless, it's still a subject that I love to discuss.
So how do you think could the plot of Risky's Revenge continue in the sequel(s)?
Let me hear your ideas. Extra Smile

I will post my (and my friend's) script later. I will leave the start to you guys. Wink
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty Re: How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue?

Post by Incredibleintruder Tue May 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Personally, I'm pretty sure Matt Bozon would have continued the series, in a gameplay manner, with rotating characters. Probably with Shantae, Skie and Bolo for various roles, since she *SPOILERS* lose her half-genie powers, meaning no more belly-dancing transformation.

On a story level, however, my guess would be to actually deepens the lore in the whole games and characters, probably with the origins of Shantae, her mother, father and all that stuff. It is pretty weird to see that in the end, her hair-whip came from her father, not her genie mother. So it might be a focus of a sequel of some sort.

Incredibleintruder
New Scuttle Town Resident

Back to top Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty Different bad girl?

Post by BlutaufKlaue Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Maybe we could have a new baddie.... like Risky's sister or something.... or a new Risky!
Maybe a cyborg version of Risky boots, with an army of cyborg tinkerbats......
Or it could go Metroid-style, insisting that since Shantae has lost her genie powers, she has to try and regain new ones somehow. That means new dances and new transformations, which would be shuuuuweeeet.
BlutaufKlaue
BlutaufKlaue
Retired Staff

: Bean Dodger

http://shorjok.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty Re: How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue?

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Tue May 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Uh, the cyborg-idea sounds kinda crazy. And I think it'd go a little too far. ^^;

But I do support the concept of a new villain. In fact, I came up with a villain myself.
Though I won't tell just yet. Razz

As for the "Retrieving Powers Metroid-Style": That could work, depending on how it's done.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Gold Tue May 29, 2012 9:07 pm

They definitely left a lot of hooks at the end of Risky's Revenge. I'm guessing we'd be looking at finding out more about her parents. She said she felt farther from her mother than she ever had, and there was the mystery that apparently her hair powers don't come from her mother (which suggests they come from her father somehow...?).

If we're looking at something specifically to happen in a game, I feel like they hinted at other characters being playable when they said Shantae wouldn't be proudly doing things alone anymore, so I'm hoping to see playable Bolo and Skye. I'd particularly like to see Bolo playable since he's apparently hyper-competent when it comes to fighting, but he could also end up as a sparring partner...

Back to things that don't rely on the game. I've kind of gotten the vibe that Rottytops was a "sometimes" friend, and they also sort of hinted at needed to watch out for her and her brothers. Shantae seems to like being friends with them and not letting what they do bother her much, though, so I could see some potential tension rising out of this (which always makes for good stories).

Lastly,
Spoiler:
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Incredibleintruder wrote:*SPOILERS* lose her half-genie powers, meaning no more belly-dancing transformation.

Only the biggest spoiler ever. Just click on me already! =P:
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Alright, I think I will post the story-script that me and my friend worked on.
BE PREPARED FOR A WALL OF TEXT!!!

I will do it like this:
First post a brief description of the premise, then list the few relevant NEW characters and then post the complete script in SPOILER-TAGS!

This script follows the trilogy-concept, that "Risky's Revenge" was originally supposed to follow.
(And we still hope those plans will be revived sometime in the future.)
And while the script does have all the most important story-elements, it still leaves enough room for more ideas.
So use your imagination to fill out the rest. Wink

Here goes:
Part 2: "The Dark Prelude"
PREMISE:
Shantae lost her Genie-Powers and Risky still is out there with the lamp in her possession.
After talking with the mayor, Shantae and her friends learn of the Sequin Land Palace, whose King is supposed to know about a relic.
That relic is a Magic Talisman, which can counter "Dark Magic". And apparently the lamp seems to be made of it.
Shantae sees this as a chance to get back her lost powers and stop Risky in her tracks.
However, Risky already found out in which ways the lamp can be used. And she drains magic powers from any source she can find, to increase the powers of the lamp.
And if the lamp's powers continue to billow up at this rate, there is no telling what could happen.
Can Shantae find the magic talisman and stop both Risky and the lamp?

NEW CHARACTERS:
- "The Mysterious Girl"
A mysterious character, dressed in strange, ninja-like clothes with her face concealed.
However, she knows exactly what has transpired and supports Shantae.
Shantae meets her several times throughout the adventure. Where she gives Shantae useful information and maybe even items and stuff and then just mysteriously disappear again.
(In pretty much the same fashion as Sheik in Ocarina of Time. Wink)
But how can she know all this? And how can she know what happened to Shantae? Just who is she?
That is a mystery...

- "The King"
(No, not the King of Hyrule. Playful Wink)
The ruler of the Palace. A king with the heart at the right place.
Though he is a realist and doesn't believe in anything that doesn't exist in his eyes.
But still, he is willing to help out anyone in need.

- "The Great Vizier"
The King's most trusted advisor, who might be more of a supporting character than the King himself.
He can be quite rude. But still helpful.
He studied the arts of "Dark Magic".
A now extinct kind of magic, that a tribe of evil sorcerors developed back when the Genie's were still around.
Since the lamp is apparently made of this kind of magic, his advice can be invaluable.

There might be more characters that Shantae will meet on her adventures. Wink

COMPLETE PLOT:
Spoiler:

Part 3: Rise of the Evil Genie
PREMISE:
The Evil Genie has awakened from within the lamp and merged both Sequin Land and the Genie Realm into one, chaotic place.
Now she hunts the Genie's and absorbs them as a means to regain her lost powers and become the ultimate ruler of both worlds.
Shantae needs to find to the powers of the four "Genie Core's" (does anyone have a better name?) and power up her hair with them in order to gain the strength to defeat the Evil Genie.
Her friends are lost, the Genie's hunted and the population of Sequin Land under the influence of the Evil Genie.
Can Shantae rescue her friends, defeat the Evil Genie and save the world?

NEW CHARACTERS:
- "The Evil Genie"
(Currently unnamed. Do you have a good name for her?)
An evil and extremely powerful entity, who was apparenty sealed inside the lamp.
Now she seeks to regain her lost powers and rule the worlds.
Even though her powers have degenerated they still surpass even the ones of the Genie's, who are helpless against her.
Thus she can easily absorb them to gain more power.

- "The Minions"
The Minions of the Evil Genie, which she can create from nothing.
They take various shapes. From little ugly fiends to humanoid looking minions to big monsters.

- "The Genie's"
Some of the Genie's actually manage to hide from the Evil Genie.
And those are willing to assist Shantae in every way they can.
While their powers are limited, with the Evil Genie being around, they still can come in handy.

Once again, there might be more characters.

NOTE: The "Vizier" and the "Mysterious Girl" return as supporting characters, once they are rescued.
And for some reason the Mysterious Girl seems to know the Genie Realm well. How can that be...?

COMPLETE PLOT:
Spoiler:

Phew, that was a lot.
But that is the story that me and my friend worked out so far.
If there is anything to adjust, feel free to let me know. Smile

Last edited by Paragon-Yoshi on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty Whoah...

Post by BlutaufKlaue Thu May 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Wow, that really was alot. As soon as I read "huge magic laser-beam" I knew it was going to be awesome. I can see you put a lot of effort into this, it's such a shame that Matt Bozon can't use it :/
Thanks for spending the time to write all that, it's got great, original ideas that would work really well in the Shantae style.
Extra Smile
BlutaufKlaue
BlutaufKlaue
Retired Staff

: Bean Dodger

http://shorjok.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slyboyseth Thu May 31, 2012 8:17 pm

Hmmm, a name for the evil genie...

Why not Eva Quin? A play on the words "Evil Queen."

As for the "Genie Cores," why not "Djinn Genes?"

slyboyseth

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

"Eva Quin"...
Hmm, could work.

As for "Djinn Gene's"...
Sounds a little too... organic if you ask me. ^^;
But still thanks a lot. Extra Smile

Wow, that really was alot. As soon as I read "huge magic laser-beam" I knew it was going to be awesome. I can see you put a lot of effort into this, it's such a shame that Matt Bozon can't use it :/
Thanks for spending the time to write all that, it's got great, original ideas that would work really well in the Shantae style.
Extra Smile
Well, a friend helped me out. So it's not all me. Razz
Glad you like it.

Well, I am sure Matt could use it more or less, if he wanted to. Wink
Then again, I wouldn't want him to take it directly.
I would already know what happens beforehand and it would make the game less exciting and fun.
If he wants to use it, I'd want him to merely use it as a base and then put his own ideas into it.
That way it'd roughly follow my concept and yet still be different.
Thus it still offers a lot of surprises to make the first-time playthrough an exciting trip through Shantae's world.

Catch my drift? Cool
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by slyboyseth Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 pm

Okay, so if Djinn Genes doesn't work... how about...

Oh! PHPs! Otherwise known as...

"PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!!!"

slyboyseth

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Gold Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Whew! Finally read through that whole story pitch. I had my doubts for a moment or two, but a lot of that looks to be really structurally sound. Really nice effort!

There are a few questions lingering in my mind. These are pretty much just little things that might be worth considering and/or touching up since, like I said, it's looking really nice overall.
Little points to address:

One more note, includes a spoiler from the end of Risky's Revenge:

One more thing, not related to any of that. In looking at hooks that were left open from Risky's Revenge, how'd I miss the **** Ammo Baron? There were hints that his part of the story was going to be resolved, but it was one more thing that was on a really open note. Who's to say it went exactly as planned?
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 am

Okay my replies.
Big Q&A:
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty Hmmm...

Post by SequinNomad Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:44 pm

I think I already threw out some ideas in your direction, but if anyone else was interested, here are just an idea or so for the newer transformations:

"Ifrit" form

Physical changes:
-Short "dragon-like" horns have grown out of Shantae's new fire-like hair
-Costume turns into a two-piece fire-designed harem/dancer outfit
-Fire-like aura emanates from Shantae's entire body

Abilities:
-Immunity to fire-based attacks, as well as being able to traverse lava flows in various dungeons/caverns for a short amount of time
-Can now whip out fireballs in short bursts when she whips her hair, and when she charges her attack, Shantae will unleash a "dragonbreath" attack (i.e., she breathes fire)
-With her charged attack, she can break down certain doors/walls/structures (Like her Elephant form)

"Ghul" form

Physical changes:

-Outfit has become entirely black, with Ninja-like differences to it (I.e., her signature bra has become a bare-midriff short-sleeved "Gi-bra" as well as black genie pants), now sports a tengui (Ninja face/head cover) in the same style as a Ninja, but with her ponytail still sticking out from the back)
-Her genie shoes have become sandal-like for better mobility
-Sports a grey belt with several Kunai attached to it (Just for aesthetics to her form)

Abilities:

-Can climb walls and ceilings with ease (Similar to her monkey and spider forms) as well as run faster than normal, as well as crawl into tight spaces (like her monkey form)
-Can attack by whipping 2-4 kunai from her hair, and with a charged attack, she can whip out a large Shuriken from her hair
-Becomes immune to Poison-based attacks

"Marid" form

Physical changes:

-Shantae's outfit becomes light-blue and gold in color
-One costume difference being her belt-sash has become "feathery"
-Another difference being and she sports small, dove-like wings from the back of her genie bra (which enables flight, as like her Harpy form)

Abilities:

-Has the abilities to dive deeply into water/the sea (as her legs briefly become a mermaid tail while underwater as alluding to her mermaid form) and can jump and even fly up into the air (as alluding to her harpy form)
-Her attack is when she cannot no longer whip her hair, but can instead fire out small streams of lightning, and with her charged attack, she fires out an electrified spike-ball which circles her body for a brief amount of time
-Has become immune to electric-based attacks

That's...not all too confusing, is it? ._.;;

Last edited by SequinNomad on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to space it a little...)
SequinNomad
SequinNomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:35 pm

No, it's all good. ^^

Though I see those are only three.
Shouldn't it be four? ^^;

But either way, thanks for sharing the transformation-ideas. Extra Smile
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

How could the plot of "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" continue? Empty No problem! :D

Post by SequinNomad Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Well, technically there was only 3 transformations in Shantae: RR, and there's 4 different tribes/races of Djinn, according to mythology and such. (Djinn, Ghul, Ifrit and Marid, to be exact. :O)

But thanks, nonetheless. Extra Smile
SequinNomad
SequinNomad

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 am

Well okay then. Smile

Great work either way. Extra Smile
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Double-post + Bump. D:

But I wanted to point out that I slightly adjusted my story-concept. Wink
What I have adjusted...:
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down