Freedom Planet

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Just got to know the game today.
And honestly, it's an awesome game that is in the making.

In fact, it already reigns as one of the best fan-games ever made.


What is the game all about?
Well, no story has been revealed so far.

As for the gameplay though, it plays like the "Sonic the Hedgehog" games on the Genesis.
However, it has some unique traits.

Despite the gameplay being Sonic-based, the characters, creatures and setting are completely original.
(Aside from the fact maybe that they look like Sonic characters. But oh well...)

There are two characters revealed so far:
- Lilac
The female hedgehog and apparent main character of the cast.
She is all about speed and momentum.
Her Speed-Meter fills as she collects blue crystals and just runs fast enough.
When it is completely filled, she can perform a powerful Dash-Attack that rockets her either straight forward or diagonal up, that can destroy enemies, destroy or topple over obstacles and even ricochet her off the walls.

- Carol (needs to be unlocked first in the current demo)
A Gekko-like character. Apparently also female.
She cannot run as fast as Lilac.
But her attacks are very fast, allowing her to hit in rapid succession. And she can wall jump.
Lastly, she can use those red platforms that will send her from one platform to the next.


And here are some videos:






Now this is just awe-inspiring.
And it warms my heart to see that more and more great fan-games are made.
The programmer "SpacemanStrife" is on YouTube. Go and follow him!

And who knows, maybe we can convice him to work on a Shantae Fan-Game, once he is done with Freedom Planet? Razz
He seriously would be a powerful horse in our stable, if that were to happen.


Anyway, enjoy! Extra Smile
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 am

Don't forget to check out the official website, it talks about the plot and even basic questions about the game.

Link : http://freedomplanet.galaxytrail.com/



^ Also, a pretty logo from the topic on Sonic Retro!

I don't think this is a fan game, exactly; I heard they planned on selling it as a commercial product. Am I dead wrong, or are they going to be in some deep **** when Sonic Team notices somebody is copying their almost trademarked "snogglehog" look? They can get away with cloning the gameplay style all they want, because copyright doesn't protect game rules or logic, (Ever noticed how many Tetris clones are out there?) but artistic representation is whole other story, whether they're using their own original assets or not. Then again, I'm sure Disney could have sued Sonic Team over similarities to Mickey Mouse, so maybe I'm blathering about nothing. =P We'll just have to see.
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, they are considering it from what I have seen.
Though it's not sure yet. :/

Anyway, I am written an E-Mail to them and gave feedback. Wink
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:08 am

Eh, it might be up in the air, who knows. We'll just have to see if there's an announcement about it on Steam or something. =P

Either way, I don't care what anyone says, I think Lilac is adorable; I'd play as her. :3 Anything that isn't a blue hedgehog who dropped his cool 'tude last century gladly gets more of my attention. (That was my biggest problem with the new Sonic; when his smirk became a smile.)
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Freaking signed, man.

Lilac is a better character than Sonic in pretty much every aspect.
And I mean seriously, Sonic's modern attitude pisses me off so much.
Ugh, for every line he says, he deserves to get his face smashed.

So yeah, Lilac is better than Sonic. Hands down!
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:32 pm

It is a real shame when some "recolor" is better than the base character. Whatever happened to poor Sonic? I mean, his attitude should more or less match Dante's from Devil May Cry, really snarky and full of witty comebacks; not a happy-go-lucky hero dude type with a beef against an incompetent genius. I don't even mind the new look they gave him, unlike 80% of the fanbase, it's the change of character; he's not the same! D': It's one reason why I liked Blaze's character so much at first, until Sonic softened her up in the end of Sonic Rush, but I digress.

Oddly, I did download the demo on impulse a while ago, and I am booted into Windows. I think I'll go try it. =P
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 am

Eh, I would rather Sonic go back to how he originally was, instead of the self-loving cunt that he is today.

And Lilac is NOT "some recolor". She is an original character with an original design. -_-
So I find it really moronic to call her "some recolor". OH PLEASE...
(If you want some a recolor, look at "Shadow the Hedgehog". God that character sucks!)
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:19 am

THE CHARACTERS GOT A NEW LOOK WOOOOOO!!!



NEW ART!!! (Found it in the topic on Retro. =P)





Paragon-Yoshi wrote:And Lilac is NOT "some recolor". She is an original character with an original design. -_-
So I find it really moronic to call her "some recolor". OH PLEASE...
(If you want some a recolor, look at "Shadow the Hedgehog". God that character sucks!)

You can't tell that to anybody in the fan base. ;_; All she really has of Sonic's appearance left are his spines, (And still looks more unique than Shadow, which is saying something!) and now with this new redesign, even that's gone too. I'd prefer she still had her ears instead of horns, but either way, Lilac's original all the way! =P There's a much better chance of this going all indie now, and maybe returning the creator's hard-earned investment in the game. I know I'd nab it on Steam. :3

And I just played the demo a while ago, and even for the first "zone", it blew me away with just how different it is from a Sonic game! =O I love the health system, the Ristar-like abilities that don't cut the music and make your ears bleed from obnoxious jingles like Sonic Colors does, the focus on platforming instead of speed, all the neat little gimmicks that come out at you, the bosses and enemies, etc. It's a shame this isn't running at playable speeds on WINE in Linux, because other games built on the Sonic Worlds engine do, like "Sonic Before the Sequel" and "Sonic Axiom". (Both of those are actually fun fan games! Totally recommend them.) Sonic Classics would be great too if it wasn't so horribly broken and slapped together. ;_;
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 pm

"Still more unique than Shadow"?
Dude, Shadow is a simple Super Sonic recolor and the most horrible character among horrible Sonic characters.
A total piece of trash.


I dunno what to make of the re-design tho. :/
I kinda prefer her previous one.

Carol looks barely different though and still nice. Smile
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by BossFight on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Of course Shadow is a recolor. His original purpose was to be the "Dark Sonic."

Anyway, personally I also prefer Lilac's design over Sonic and friends, but I was never really big on the Sonic casts' designs anyway (sorry, don't hurt me!)
avatar
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

  : DINE AND DITCH!!!
Posts : 191
Age : 24
Location : Earth
Join date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:43 pm

I dunno, from what I've read before, Sonic Adventure 2 was supposed to be very different. According to one poster on Retro with remote evidence of it, Sonic could make evil decisions in SA2 that would change which levels you played, so Shadow could have simply been drafted to fill the void, since they apparently changed their minds about that one for whatever reason. Quite sad, I would have liked to seen Sonic be a little more snarky and anti-hero! And maybe even date or flirt with Rouge, haha. >:D

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:"Still more unique than Shadow"?
Dude, Shadow is a simple Super Sonic recolor and the most horrible character among horrible Sonic characters.
A total piece of trash.

All I can do is agree with you on that one. Shadow has a pretty dramatic past, but so does every other recolor with a long lost brother or something like that. Dunno what happened to the character design, he could have been so much more than Super Sonic painted black with funny-looking shoes.

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:I dunno what to make of the re-design tho. :/
I kinda prefer her previous one.

I dunno, I kinda like her without the spines now, it's the horns I'm unsure about. I really preferred those ears, they didn't have to ditch those. ;_; It's not quite as noticeable or obvious in-game, so it doesn't matter to me.

BossFight wrote:Anyway, personally I also prefer Lilac's design over Sonic and friends, but I was never really big on the Sonic casts' designs anyway (sorry, don't hurt me!)

There aren't any die-hard Sonic fans to burn you at the stake over here! =P The fans themselves actually say much worse all the time. ("THOSE GREEN EYES WAAAAA MAKE 'EM PURPLE AGAIN".) It's one reason I can't stand the Sonic fanbase in general, most of them are so nitpicky over small details that don't really matter. Even the exact shade of the sky was debated in the Sonic 2 HD project! #_#

I wasn't really a fan of the redesigns much myself. I mean, the characters look perfectly fine in 3D, but the body proportions and other things were totally gimped in promotional art; to say it didn't make any sense would be an understatement. Some of those poses should have cracked a few bones. o_o'
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm

BossFight wrote:Of course Shadow is a recolor. His original purpose was to be the "Dark Sonic."
Yeah, so? What's your point? oO

.Luke wrote:I dunno, from what I've read before, Sonic Adventure 2 was supposed to be very different. According to one poster on Retro with remote evidence of it, Sonic could make evil decisions in SA2 that would change which levels you played, so Shadow could have simply been drafted to fill the void, since they apparently changed their minds about that one for whatever reason. Quite sad, I would have liked to seen Sonic be a little more snarky and anti-hero! And maybe even date or flirt with Rouge, haha. >Extra Smile
Uh, anyway...


All I can do is agree with you on that one. Shadow has a pretty dramatic past, but so does every other recolor with a long lost brother or something like that. Dunno what happened to the character design, he could have been so much more than Super Sonic painted black with funny-looking shoes.
Exactly!

I dunno, I kinda like her without the spines now, it's the horns I'm unsure about. I really preferred those ears, they didn't have to ditch those. ;_; It's not quite as noticeable or obvious in-game, so it doesn't matter to me.
I do like the current design, honestly.
I just prefer the old one. Wink

("THOSE GREEN EYES WAAAAA MAKE 'EM PURPLE AGAIN".)
NOBODY EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS!!!
Stop spread those lies already!

It's one reason I can't stand the Sonic fanbase in general, most of them are so nitpicky over small details that don't really matter. Even the exact shade of the sky was debated in the Sonic 2 HD project! #_#
"Nitpicky" stuff DOES matter. (Nitpicking doesn't exist. Period!)
And it should be in everyone's best interest to discuss those matters.
Since only then will a game truly be able to achieve perfection.

I wasn't really a fan of the redesigns much myself. I mean, the characters look perfectly fine in 3D, but the body proportions and other things were totally gimped in promotional art; to say it didn't make any sense would be an understatement. Some of those poses should have cracked a few bones. o_o'
Exact reason why Classic fans dislike Modern Sonic.
It's no crime. So stop this witch hunt already! <-<
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 pm

No witch hunt here, I was just pointing out what I thought was anatomically impossible, even for an anthropomorph. =P

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:I do like the current design, honestly.
I just prefer the old one. ;)

Same here, I am a bit attached to it. :3

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:NOBODY EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT THIS!!!
Stop spread those lies already!

Really? I heard the complaint from actual fans on Retro; no news article told me that. I'm guessing it's more or less a minority that do?

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:"Nitpicky" stuff DOES matter. (Nitpicking doesn't exist. Period!)
And it should be in everyone's best interest to discuss those matters.
Since only then will a game truly be able to achieve perfection.

Very true, but when 24 highly-opinionated fans have very different ideas of "perfect" and can't be told otherwise, such discussions don't really get anywhere; it was a terrible thing to watch play out. And they really were arguing over exact shades, not just different variants of cyan or blue to use. It's the reason S2HD became a closed project because it got so out of hand; too...much...input! @_@ It's too bad their main programmer was such an incompetent, paranoid jerk, the project could have actually went somewhere if LoST didn't weigh the whole team down with bad excuses and easily-cracked DRM in a bloody fan game. ;_; You have no idea the **** storm that started on Retro. I'm so glad to see Freedom Planet not suffer from half of the problems that plagued S2HD.
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:18 pm

.Luke wrote:Really? I heard the complaint from actual fans on Retro; no news article told me that. I'm guessing it's more or less a minority that do?
At least no one I know ever complained about this. And yet fanboys always claim that.
So in the end, it's made up bogus, just to make valid criticism look like lunatic banter.

Urgh, makes me remember the uncritical and dictatorial Modern Sonic fanbase.
I can't stand it. <-<

Very true, but when 24 highly-opinionated fans have very different ideas of "perfect" and can't be told otherwise, such discussions don't really get anywhere; it was a terrible thing to watch play out. And they really were arguing over exact shades, not just different variants of cyan or blue to use. It's the reason S2HD became a closed project because it got so out of hand; too...much...input! @_@ It's too bad their main programmer was such an incompetent, paranoid jerk, the project could have actually went somewhere if LoST didn't weigh the whole team down with bad excuses and easily-cracked DRM in a bloody fan game. ;_; You have no idea the **** storm that started on Retro. I'm so glad to see Freedom Planet not suffer from half of the problems that plagued S2HD.
But you cannot put the blame on "nitpicking". The programmer is at fault here.

"Nitpicking" is only used to discredit people's views. And that's the only thing it does.
It's non-existant.
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 am

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:At least no one I know ever complained about this. And yet fanboys always claim that.
So in the end, it's made up bogus, just to make valid criticism look like lunatic banter.

Urgh, makes me remember the uncritical and dictatorial Modern Sonic fanbase.
I can't stand it. <-<

^ The fanbase in a nutshell. A few people did actually hate the green eyes, but it probably got embellished into a label by modern fans over the years to apply to modern Sonic haters in general. Both sides like their sharkbait, I guess.

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:"Nitpicking" is only used to discredit people's views. And that's the only thing it does.
It's non-existant.

I dunno, nitpicking may not have been the best term to use. I was more or less acknowledging how picky and perfectionist the fanbase can be at times. They're expectations for even official games are physically impossible to meet; the whole fanbase is infamous for being impossible to please.
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:50 am

.Luke wrote:^ The fanbase in a nutshell. A few people did actually hate the green eyes, but it probably got embellished into a label by modern fans over the years to apply to modern Sonic haters in general. Both sides like their sharkbait, I guess.
Sorry, but don't put the Classic Fans on the same level as the Moderns.
True, the classic also have some pathetic fanboys.

But almost all of those insane people come from the Modern Sonic fanbase.

I dunno, nitpicking may not have been the best term to use. I was more or less acknowledging how picky and perfectionist the fanbase can be at times.

Still not a bad thing. :/

They're expectations for even official games are physically impossible to meet; the whole fanbase is infamous for being impossible to please.
That's another outright lie. I heard that not only from those idiot-fans, but even from Sega.
But that's not true.

The Classic Sonic fans merely want a game that plays more like the Classics.
aka, platforming with momentum and physics playing a major role in it.
It doesn't matter if it's 2D or 3D or whatever.

Sega, for some reason, is just unable to make a game like that. Let alone interpreting the critique correctly.
So the fans keep complaining. And they have a right to do it.

It's not that they are impossible to please. It's because it's impossible for Sega to please them with a proper game.

If they would make that proper game, Classic Sonic fans would have no reason to complain.
And fanboys will buy it anyways, no matter what.
It'd be a win-win situation.
I dunno why Sega is so obstinate in this case. :/
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Eh, pulling a Megaman 9 wouldn't have been a bad idea, but I think their desire to stay away from Classic Sonic kills the chances of that. I think they even stated they never would go back to the classic look, ever. Sonic Team comes off as a bit stubborn, and I think it's been that way since the 90's too, correct me if I'm wrong. They're about as bad as listening to fans as Capcom, the only difference being they throw us a bone once every blue moon, i.e., Sonic Generations. The crossover was a bittersweet thing knowing something like it might not ever happen again. ;_;

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Sega, for some reason, is just unable to make a game like that. Let alone interpreting the critique correctly.
So the fans keep complaining. And they have a right to do it.

While it's true they have valid criticism, it's just that it's all I ever heard. The fans I was exposed to just didn't know when to shut it and bury it. I got tired of simply hearing them beat on that dead horse over and over again, in one form or another; it sickened me. Even when I hated Wind Waker so badly as a kid I let it go after a few months and left it at that, while some Sonic fans hold an unhealthy grudge against SEGA and don't let them or anyone else forget it. I still heard trashtalk about '06 years after its release! We all know by now the game was released in a broken, almost unplayable state, what more is there to be said? I think I'm more frustrated by their complaining and less about their criticism.

Ugh, I almost have a bad taste in my mouth just having a serious discussion about Sonic again; it's one topic I try to avoid like the plague. I just play the Sonic games I enjoy and that's it now, at least the ones I haven't already given away. The fans being mindless, opinionated drivel kinda ruined it for me right before my strange obsession with Blaze finally died off. (I think a few lights were blown in my head at the time. #_#) I'd rather not look back on those crazy times as much as I possibly can.

***

Moving back onto the topic at hand, I just heard the invincibility jingle in the demo a while ago! Almost misted my eyes it was so beautiful, holy cow I loved it! :'D The music in Freedom Planet is a mind-blowing gem of an eargasm through and through, I hope the rest of the game's soundtrack is like that.
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Coming back to this...

It appears that a new version of the Demo has come out this month.
According to the website at least.
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Nai255 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Sega's legal team responds:


Eh, but who knows, maybe they'll get away with it so long as they don't charge too much.
I'm pretty sure that's the only reason Terraria evaded a SquareSuit, anyway. Because it's alright to charge for a game with Final Fantasy sprites, but Chaos help you if you try to create a Chrono Trigger fangame and NOT charge for it

_____________________
avatar
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

  : Tinkerbat Trainee
Posts : 271
Age : 32
Join date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:45 pm

I can confirm that "Spaceman Strife" read this topic.

And he has a reply to the following inquiry:
.Luke wrote:It's a shame this isn't running at playable speeds on WINE in Linux, because other games built on the Sonic Worlds engine do, like "Sonic Before the Sequel" and "Sonic Axiom". (Both of those are actually fun fan games! Totally recommend them.)

Said you should try THIS!
See if it gives any performance boost.
However this FAQ is for Windows. Dunno how it's done in Linux. Sad

Still, if you know how to do it in Linux, try it and see if it makes any difference. Wink
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:24 pm

It runs fine on my Windows 7 install, no problems there; it's just getting it to behave at playable speeds on Linux through WINE. (Which provides Unix equivalents of the Windows API for Linux to allow Windows programs to run, so it's not exactly an emulator or compatibility layer of sorts.) WINE's implementation of DirectX, if that's at fault here, will always be a generation behind official Windows releases, so that will be fixed in the future, but for now, Freedom Planet might only play at full speed on Linux with a top-notch GFX card. But I will try 256-color mode though, it might do some good.

Nai255 wrote:Sega's legal team responds:

Details please! :O Not even the topic at Sonic Retro is saying anything about this, which is a huge surprise to me. I'm honestly shocked SEGA would pursue them for damages at this point, since there's barely anything left in the Freedom Planet universe that resembles a naked blue hedgehog collecting rings and bopping robots to save the world from a humanoid mad scientist. They're crazy if they think they can sue Strife for cloning basic game logic or rules, because copyright law doesn't protect that for innovation's sake. (How would any of Nintendo's games came into existence if that were the opposite? Platformers weren't a new thing when Super Mario Bros. hit the shelves in '85.) Some stupid troll must've left an older demo on SEGA's doorstep just to kill off the game.
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Hope it still works out for WINE in the end.


As for Sega:
I don't think Sega has responded just yet.
And I doubt they ever will. Since like you said Luke, there is just no ground for a lawsuit.
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Oh, that explains why nobody's said anything about it yet. Were you just kidding around Nai? :#

Also, saw this hawt new promo art of Lilac earlier today!!!

avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Paragon-Yoshi on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Along with this, a new version of the Demo has been released recently.


But I am kinda confused right now.
I am advertising for this game at some places.
Including some ppz that I occasionally hang around with and who are Sonic Fans (Modern ones to be precise).
And I am kinda baffled how all of them brushed it off, just like that.


But it indeed seems that many Modern Sonic fans hate this game.
But I guess it's obvious. Cuz it is based on the Classic gameplay-wise.
So of course, Modern Sonic fans hate it, cuz Classics love it.
Sigh... <-<;
avatar
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Posts : 609
Age : 30
Location : Germany
Join date : 2012-05-23

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by .Luke on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:22 pm

That's exactly the opposite of what I was expecting! o_o' The only intial turn off for me was the fact it was yet another one zone demo, I had no trouble believing the praise Freedom Planet was getting. (Curiosity eventually got the better of me, though, and I still find myself playing the demo from time to time.) I honestly didn't think any kind of Sonic fan would be turned off, especially the more laid-back modern fans. It still surprises me how picky they can be, and Lilac looks "modern" to beat it all.

Speaking of the demo, I tried 256 color mode on it in WINE, and the latest demo ran almost flawlessly!!! :'D Some frame skipping here and there, but the game cooperates no problem, and even the video projection aligns properly inside the window. (Something it doesn't do in 32-bit mode.) So here I am nearly crying because of the epic invernerability jingle again. XD And I unlocked Carol right off somehow, without even trying to beat the level under eight minutes; I was just exploding with happiness that the game ran at full speed. Feel free to pass that on to any Linux nut who wants to try the game.
avatar
.Luke
Retired Staff

  : Site Bird Trainer
Posts : 991
Age : 27
Location : United States
Join date : 2012-05-22

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum