Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If there was that one video game character you could punch...

+5
ShantaeVocaloid
BossFight
Nai255
Paragon-Yoshi
.Luke
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If there was that one video game character you could punch... Empty If there was that one video game character you could punch...

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Who would it be? It's not like you get the option to punch every annoying character in video games, as in the case of the Mass Effect trilogy. This is no topic for detailed bashing, however; just venting towards a few virtual guys or gals who need a quick sock to the face.

As for me, Fawful, from the Mario and Luigi RPGs. Not a bad character, actually, but his massive crescent-shaped smile, especially in animation, just creeped me out. A close second would be Princess Daisy. While I'm above hitting girls, that loud and proud chick could use a good wake-up slap. XD

Also, inb4paragonsayssonic. =P
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

If there was that one video game character you could punch... Empty Re: If there was that one video game character you could punch...

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 pm

.Luke wrote:Also, inb4paragonsayssonic. =P
Well, thank you very much. <_<

It's true tho.
That prick deserves it like no other.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

If there was that one video game character you could punch... Empty Re: If there was that one video game character you could punch...

Post by Nai255 Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

MINT (Tales of Phantasia)
...at least in the SFC original, her GBA voice isn't nearly as psychotic.

"FHAAAAAAAAARSTTU AAAAAIIIIIIIDO!"
If there was that one video game character you could punch... Top10
Schwarzenegger_StopWhining.wav

Shadow the Hedgehog and Princess Rosetta are close seconds, if not simply because they're over-rated palette swaps
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Tingle: Nothing else needs to be said.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Well, for starters, one character I wouldn't punch right away would be Sonic. It makes sense that he has a "way past cool" attitude, but I've never seen him flaunt it as much as Paragon says.

As for who I would give a good whack, though...well, I got a lot of choices:

~ Bolo, for his pervertedness.
~ Shadow (Heroes to present), mainly because he's overrated.
~ Rouge in general. If Sonic's supposed to be for kids, why do we need a stripper bat girl?
~ Amy Rose (Free Riders to present) - Ironic choice, really, considering I really like the character. This is mainly due to her character derailment, though (seriously, she went from a fangirlish heroine to just plain fangirl - the voice certainly didn't help), so it's more of a "get a hold of yourself" kind of punch.
~ Princess Peach, for her serious inability to fend for herself (when it's completely obvious that she can do so).
~ Tingle - go ahead, guess why.
~ Kaepora Gaebora, for his constant annoying rambling.
~ Necrodeus from Kirby Mass Attack, because...to be honest, he's pretty bland for a Kirby villain. All he wants to do is kill Kirby and spread everything in darkness - no reason given. Not gonna lie, that's pretty lame. I don't even like Squeak Squad all that much, and even I thought the Squeaks were at least likable, if not the best characters in the game.
~ Captain Louie from Pikmin 2 might need a few slaps, too. He really needs to get his mind out of the gutter.
~ Oh yeah, and Flynn from Skylanders. Self-serving prick.

As for who deserves it the most, I think it'd probably be either Shadow or Rouge. Flynn, close second.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:12 am

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Well, thank you very much. <_<

Haha, I'm laughing so hard right now because I actually called it. XD Sorry if it limited your choices, though, so don't let that stop you from saying who else you'd punch besides Sonic. =P

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:Well, for starters, one character I wouldn't punch right away would be Sonic. It makes sense that he has a "way past cool" attitude, but I've never seen him flaunt it as much as Paragon says.

And Sonic doesn't, true, but I think it's more the fact he's nothing like what he used to be. Sonic's cool anti-hero smirk and hot temper from the classics was sadly replaced with a laid-back, totally-a-hero-dude, "yeah I'll totally save the world" kinda guy in later generations. (And I think if Sonic Team retained that attitiude in newer games, Sonic's personality would practically mirror Dante's in the Devil May Cry series, IMO.)

BossFight wrote:Tingle: Nothing else needs to be said.

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:~ Tingle - go ahead, guess why.

Dunno why, but these reasons made me laugh, hard. XD

Anyway, I totally forgot about Tingle! It shocks me he even has a fan following in Japan. I think more than just a punch is in order, we should have just let the evil moon fall on Termina in Majora's Mask specifically to obliterate him from the series' canon! >:O

Do you feel Bolo is that perverted, though? He seemed more like an annoying flirt to me than anything else, otherwise I don't think he'd be on Shantae's good side most of the time. XD
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 am

.Luke wrote:
ShantaeVocaloid wrote:Well, for starters, one character I wouldn't punch right away would be Sonic. It makes sense that he has a "way past cool" attitude, but I've never seen him flaunt it as much as Paragon says.

And Sonic doesn't, true, but I think it's more the fact he's nothing like what he used to be. Sonic's cool anti-hero smirk and hot temper from the classics was sadly replaced with a laid-back, totally-a-hero-dude, "yeah I'll totally save the world" kinda guy in later generations. (And I think if Sonic Team retained that attitiude in newer games, Sonic's personality would practically mirror Dante's in the Devil May Cry series, IMO.)

I actually kinda like his personality in Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. But yeah, I do see where you're coming from. It's just that I'm more of a Modern/Multiplatform Sonic fan than Adventure/Dreamcast Sonic.

But, digression abound. Moving onward...

.Luke wrote:Do you feel Bolo is that perverted, though? He seemed more like an annoying flirt to me than anything else, otherwise I don't think he'd be on Shantae's good side most of the time. XD

I don't know; he seems like a pervert to me. Different strokes, I guess. Neutral
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:05 pm

.Luke wrote:Haha, I'm laughing so hard right now because I actually called it. XD Sorry if it limited your choices, though, so don't let that stop you from saying who else you'd punch besides Sonic. =P
You, if you keep this up.

And considering what I said earlier about him, it's pretty obvious that he'd be my top choice for this.

I think he is self-loving prick, like Kuzco from "The Emperor New Groove" (before he turned good that is).
Stupid corny lines that drive normal people to insanity, no sense of responsibility, embodiment of your stereotypcial jouth-cliche, etc. etc.
There are so many valid reasons to hate this prick that I don't feel like listing them all.

Acting cool is one thing. Acting like an outright cunt is another. :/
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 am

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:
.Luke wrote:Haha, I'm laughing so hard right now because I actually called it. XD Sorry if it limited your choices, though, so don't let that stop you from saying who else you'd punch besides Sonic. =P

Shocked ...Okay, that might be a problem.

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:

I think he is self-loving prick, like Kuzco from "The Emperor New Groove" (before he turned good that is).
Stupid corny lines that drive normal people to insanity, no sense of responsibility, embodiment of your stereotypcial jouth-cliche, etc. etc.

Riiiiight.

I'd say he's more post-ENG Kuzco - he has his good intentions and knows his limits, but still has a lust for life and wants to live it to his fullest. Sure, he's cocky, but he'd never outright attack his closest friends.

I'd say you're missing the point of Sonic being a "mascot with attitude". This is supposed to be a staple of his personality; you can't just take that away from someone like him.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 am

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:I don't know; he seems like a pervert to me. Different strokes, I guess. Neutral

I probably didn't get that perception since he acknowledged women more by the smell of their perfume and never the rear, if you know what I mean. Heck, he even complimented his Granny's green eyes, and a perv usually looks much farther down than the face.

If there was that one video game character you could punch... 393

But yeah, he comes off more as an annoying flirt, like Brock in the Pokemon Anime, than like that. I'm open to any evidence you might have against him otherwise, though. I don't know how many times I've been proven wrong on the Internet, it wouldn't be the first time. XD

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:
Paragon-Yoshi wrote:

He has a valid reason, though. My sillyness does not ammuse him, so I usually try to aim my water balloons and whoopie cushions at someone else. =P Now I'm feeling bad for letting that face-stretching grin I had get the better of me. I mean, jeez, I'm having a hard time restraining myself from laughing at his response! Probably tells you how much more mature he is compared to me right there.

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:I'd say you're missing the point of Sonic being a "mascot with attitude". This is supposed to be a staple of his personality; you can't just take that away from someone like him.

If only he still had that attitude, but this is hugely debatable and varies with opinion depending on who you ask, so I'll just leave it at that. XD
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 am

.Luke wrote:
ShantaeVocaloid wrote:
Paragon-Yoshi wrote:

He has a valid reason, though. My sillyness does not ammuse him, so I usually try to aim my water balloons and whoopie cushions at someone else. =P Now I'm feeling bad for letting that face-stretching grin I had get the better of me. I mean, jeez, I'm having a hard time restraining myself from laughing at his response! Probably tells you how much more mature he is compared to me right there.

I was referring to the punching of a real-life person. =P And I don't know if I see the validity there; it sounds more like he's hating just for the sake of it.

.Luke wrote:
ShantaeVocaloid wrote:I'd say you're missing the point of Sonic being a "mascot with attitude". This is supposed to be a staple of his personality; you can't just take that away from someone like him.

If only he still had that attitude, but this is hugely debatable and varies with opinion depending on who you ask, so I'll just leave it at that. XD

Well, the 90's persona from Sonic Adventure up to Sonic and the Black Knight was kinda getting a little stale - that's what I hear, at least. Neutral It's nice to see a new up-to-date Sonic persona, in my opinion. Extra Smile
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 am

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:And I don't know if I see the validity there; it sounds more like he's hating just for the sake of it.
Not this nonsense again. <_<

If you cannot take criticism, fine.
But then you better stay out of topics and REFRAIN from attempts like this one, to make me look like a lunatic or something.
Because this is an insolence.

I didn't say anything against him being cocky.
But what he does goes beyond "being cocky" to "being outright retarded".

Like going through a spike-filled area and beating the villain "just for fun" (!!!), like he doesn't even realize what it means if he loses.
And at the same time, he is running away from a lot of things. Things that aren't fun to him.
His ego got so high these days, that it just pisses me off. Sorry.
And at the same time, like I said before, I think it's valid criticism against his character to say that he has no sense of responsibility.
(Hence the "only doing things that are fun and running away from everything else")

But I don't even want to go further in this.
I renounced Sonic and no longer want anything to do with him or his insane fanbase.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:I didn't say anything against him being cocky.
But what he does goes beyond "being cocky" to "being outright retarded".

Like going through a spike-filled area and beating the villain "just for fun" (!!!), like he doesn't even realize what it means if he loses.
And at the same time, he is running away from a lot of things. Things that aren't fun to him.
His ego got so high these days, that it just pisses me off. Sorry.
And at the same time, like I said before, I think it's valid criticism against his character to say that he has no sense of responsibility.
(Hence the "only doing things that are fun and running away from everything else")

...Uh-huh.

Sorry, but I have to quote TVTropes on this one:

"He's probably the nicest and most polite character next to Tails and Cream."

"Sonic is often shown to be highly resourceful and even has plausible showings of wisdom."

"Most bios state that he can never leave troubled people alone due to his sense of heroism and great kindness."

"Sonic is often noted for his compassion and selflessness."

"He wouldn't hesitate to put his life on the line for a friend, but he also wouldn't want to endanger his friends and is very protective of them."

And probably the most important:

"Sonic is apparently inclined to live life to the fullest in the time he has and stresses to others that they should do the same."

Any rebuttals against that?
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 pm

What part of "I don't want to go further into this." didn't you understand? Like, seriously!

Also, what exactly is the point of those quotes?
Those are mere views on this character that some people have.
But I happen to have a different view on this character.

And if this a "If you don't post a rebuttal, you lose" situation, then I warn you.
If you try to force this on people and/or make their opinions look wrong, meaningless or whatever, then you're rid of your staff-spot faster than you can blink.
Cuz we don't need kids, who cannot deal with opinions different from theirs. Like, seriously!
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:What part of "I don't want to go further into this." didn't you understand? Like, seriously!

Also, what exactly is the point of those quotes?
Those are mere views on this character that some people have.
But I happen to have a different view on this character.

And if this a "If you don't post a rebuttal, you lose" situation, then I warn you.
If you try to force this on people and/or make their opinions look wrong, meaningless or whatever, then you're rid of your staff-spot faster than you can blink.
Cuz we don't need kids, who cannot deal with opinions different from theirs. Like, seriously!

...Fine. No need to prove yourself any further.

Admittedly, I was a little peeved when I posted that. I just wanted to prove a point is all, that Sonic wasn't as bad as you made him out to be.

But, seeing as how majority rules here, I can clearly see that I am an island in the tempest sea on this forum.

I'm not going to argue with you any longer. You've won.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Won what?
I don't understand...

All I did what say what I think and say why I think the way I think.
What is there to win and to lose?

And what's with people being so obsessed over "winning and losing" with opinions?
I just don't get it...
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 pm

I figured when I said, "it varies with opinion depending on who you ask, so I'll just leave it there." was enough to stop this one from snowballing. Nobody is right or wrong here, not even me. Sonic is a different hero to everybody, (Which is partly what's wrong with the fan base, since nobody can agree on anything and believe their opinion is like written law. Don't even trust TVTropes on this one either, because their articles are based on opinion sometimes as well.) and has been reinterpreted on the character level Lord knows how many times, but Paragon does make some good points.

You don't have to back down like a submission puppy, ShantaeVocaloid, that usually makes it worse. You just fell for the same opinion crap that plagues other fanbases and now you've learned first-hand to avoid it. Nothing wrong with having an opinion, but this wasn't the thread for in-depth character bashing and Sonic is easily the worst freaking topic on the Internet you can bring up, especially in the shark tank that is his loyal fanbase. Now can we stop talking about that idiot hedgehog for a whole page and move onto to other VG jerks who need a good sock to the face? I was already tired of talking about Sonic with my last post in this topic, blegh.

As for anyone else I'd punch, it'd the death pits in Mario games, argh!!! One small screw up and it's all over. ;__; I rarely give up on VG playthroughs, but I did cave trying to play Super Mario World again; it was a nightmare once I made to Donut Hills.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Super Mario World was easy. I didn't have any problems finishing it 100%.
If that was hard for you, then you don't want to try out the Emu-Mods that were made for it.
Cuz those levels are just insane.

Besides: HOW EXACTLY ARE PITS CHARACTERS?!?

But yeah, outside of Sonic there isn't really any option for me here.
Unless killing characters counts as well. But I figure that'd go too far.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 pm

.Luke wrote:As for anyone else I'd punch, it'd the death pits in Mario games, argh!!! One small screw up and it's all over. ;__; I rarely give up on VG playthroughs, but I did cave trying to play Super Mario World again; it was a nightmare once I made to Donut Hills.

Death Pits? DEATH PITS!? Look at the forum you're on! The amount of "leaps of faith" you take in the original Shantae are too **** high! It's the name of the game in Mario, but when you're trying to get from Point A to B to complete a minor task in an adventure game, death pits are the devil... and there are plenty to be had in Shantae.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:44 pm

The first Shantae had death pits, true, but not quite as many as the Mario series, if I'm remembering that right, and you had float muffins too. =P Heck, I've only fallen into a few deathpits because I couldn't see them; (Or thought Shantae could swim, wrong game! XD) the camera's pretty good at what it does, so most jumps didn't scare me to pull off. Could be wrong about Risky's Revenge, though, I've only seen key portions of that game so far.

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Besides: HOW EXACTLY ARE PITS CHARACTERS?!?

Let alone how you'd punch them to begin with, yeah. :#

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Super Mario World was easy. I didn't have any problems finishing it 100%.
If that was hard for you, then you don't want to try out the Emu-Mods that were made for it.
Cuz those levels are just insane.

Yeah, I know better than to try any of the rom hacks. XD I think my biggest problem was that I didn't have an original SNES pad hooked up to the PC for my second playthrough, since the homebrew parallel port adapter I used couldn't trick a 5V line out of the printer port on newer motherboards past 2003. ;__; Mario's traction is extra slippery in Super Mario World, so I had trouble compensating with my XBOX controller's d-pad.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Is it too late to say Viridi from Kid Icarus Uprising? My word...
I guess I'm just not used to hearing cows speak English
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Talking cows? Care to elaborate? XD
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Aww I kinda liked Viridi. She can be a little too childish but I don't know, over time she grew on me.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm

*Clair (Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver) - How this arrogant brat got to be a Gym Leader is beyond me. You beat her in battle like any other leader, but she refuses to give you your Badge by calling you lazy and instead sends you to her grandfather to complete a short trial. Upon completing it, the very first thing she asks is if you failed, and then she still refuses to give you the Badge. It's only when her grandfather threatens to tell Lance on her that Clair finally relents and gives it to you. An arrogant brat AND a sore loser to boot, and she apparently hasn't changed a bit by the time Black2/White2 comes around.

*Abner Cadaver and Poe (Shantae: Risky's Revenge) - These sleazy zombie brothers are only mentioned in passing in the first game, and we learn that they are a notoriously bad influence on their sister RottyTops. Come the sequel, we see just how scummy they really are: they sell out Shantae to Risky Boots and drag Rotty into their scheme to boot. Of course, Risky doesn't give the zombies anything for their deal, but Abner and Poe simply don't care about what they've done or how upset Rotty is. I hope they get their comeuppance in the next game.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, it's a bit sad how much tedious stuff they've done to drag out Clair's part of the story in the remake. In the original she just wanted to make sure you were ready for the Elite Four, but this time around, it was silly. Although at the same time I was laughing too much at the absurdity of it all to care. XD
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next