Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If there was that one video game character you could punch...

+5
ShantaeVocaloid
BossFight
Nai255
Paragon-Yoshi
.Luke
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If there was that one video game character you could punch... - Page 2 Empty Re: If there was that one video game character you could punch...

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Maetch wrote:*Abner Cadaver and Poe (Shantae: Risky's Revenge) - These sleazy zombie brothers are only mentioned in passing in the first game, and we learn that they are a notoriously bad influence on their sister RottyTops. Come the sequel, we see just how scummy they really are: they sell out Shantae to Risky Boots and drag Rotty into their scheme to boot. Of course, Risky doesn't give the zombies anything for their deal, but Abner and Poe simply don't care about what they've done or how upset Rotty is. I hope they get their comeuppance in the next game.
Lol, I figured you would rather not use your hands on them, but a SHOTGUN instead. Razz
But yeah, they do deserve some severe punishment for their treachery.

Kinda makes me look forward to the next Shantae game, to see if they will get what they deserve.
Then again, I wouldn't count on it...
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

If there was that one video game character you could punch... - Page 2 Empty Re: If there was that one video game character you could punch...

Post by Maetch Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 am

.Luke wrote:Yeah, it's a bit sad how much tedious stuff they've done to drag out Clair's part of the story in the remake. In the original she just wanted to make sure you were ready for the Elite Four, but this time around, it was silly. Although at the same time I was laughing too much at the absurdity of it all to care. XD
In the original Gold/Silver games, she only sends you to pick up an item for seemingly no meaningful reason other than earning the Badge. I'll admit that she was at least reasonable enough to know when she was licked back then.

The Dragon Master's Trial was introduced in Crystal and reused in HG/SS. It's not the fact that Clair's making you do it. Rather, it's the implication that she wants you to fail that makes me want to clobber her.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Wed May 15, 2013 12:31 am

Glados, Why?
She deceived me of that Delicious cake! >:O
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 am

Morgan Fey from the Ace Attorney games. Truly the most heartless and wicked wench in the series for how callously she exploits her own daughters yet gets off completely scot-free for it.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Darius for League of Legends. He is pretty much the anti fun champ.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Thought of somebody else I'd punch; skeleton archers in Minecraft, enough said!

Maetch wrote:The Dragon Master's Trial was introduced in Crystal and reused in HG/SS. It's not the fact that Clair's making you do it. Rather, it's the implication that she wants you to fail that makes me want to clobber her.

A good point, and I didn't know they introduced that as early as Crystal version. O:

Axol The Axolotl wrote:Glados, Why?
She deceived me of that Delicious cake! >:O

You're not alone. ;w;

If there was that one video game character you could punch... - Page 2 H2C4A1EF5[/quote]
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardFalcon Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 am

Phoenix Wright. I got your "OBJECTION" right here, ****. *pounds fists together in anger*

Last edited by .Luke on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : C'mon, censoring only two letters?)

EdwardFalcon
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:42 am

Any Scout that spams "Need a dispenser here!". Specially When I'm playing Engie.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 am

Haha, I always liked playing as the Scout, during the short time I had TF2 installed, (It ran horribly on my laptop; can't wait to build a decent rig for this kind of stuff.) his taunts and run speed are hilarious. I loved swinging the bat around. Twisted Evil

And I never thought anybody would want to punch Pheonix Wright. He's apparently quite the fighter in Marvel VS Capcom 3 too, if you know what you're doing.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Luca Earlgrey, the "protagonist" from the indie shmup Ether Vapor Remaster, is a massively unpalatable brat and I would absolutely kick the living snot out of him if I had the chance. Or pay Risky to do it. Angry

Apart from him? Eh, I dunno really. Ask me after the next set of games I play. XD

OH WAIT, I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER:

Whoever/whatever voiced those warning shouts in Mega Man 8 - JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE (how about die die >.<).

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 pm

There were voice samples in Mega Man 8? That's still on the NES, right? O: Not too many games on that system used voices, but still, I can see that being annoying.

As for another character I'd punch, probably half of everybody in Skyrim. Twisted Evil And I might actually do just that when I get the game myself.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:47 am

Mega Man 8 was on the PlayStation & Sega Saturn. Mega Man 7 was on the Super Nintendo. Only 1-6 released on the original NES. ^^''

YES, THAT TOO. The Skyrim 'voice acting' bordered on madness-inducing. >.< Grah. Never. Again.

I'd also 'lightly tap on the noggin' Haseo from .hack//G.U. for being a jerk-farce. So you were PK'd once in the first 10 moments of the game? All right, that bites. Now. GROW. UP. e.e

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieWolf-Girl Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 am

...Does anyone else feel like turning the nagas of the first Shantae game into purses/wallets? I swear, I'm marked for death in that area between oasis town and scuttle town!  Pouting it doesn't help that their attacks HOME IN on you! And it's almost impossible to dodge or outrun them! (I keep dying in that area)

Why Shantae?!- she literally just stands there in cut scenes (it's not too hard to dodge one cannon ball (Risky's revenge), or hair smack someone when they taunt you (first defeating Risky after she steals the steam engine)

...otherwise I think I'm all good. (Mostly the way fans interpret characters are a bit more punch-inducing than the actual games themselves)
ZombieWolf-Girl
ZombieWolf-Girl
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 am

I was always bugged by the nagas too. Twisted Evil They're hard hitters, I have to duck and hammer them with attacks to avoid a certain death, if the sound waves from another Naga didn't get to me first!

That's also a very good point. Some people really see the worst in an otherwise good character.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2