Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiya!

+2
.Luke
Axol The Axolotl
6 posters

Go down

Hiya! Empty Hiya!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Well howdy! I'm Tekaramity, fervent WayForward fan and living human being in general. =D I discovered this place a short while back during the Shantae kickstarter but didn't remember to sign up until today. Great to be here! Kitty Face

Let's see, how did I first learn of Shantae? It was years ago, back around the launch of the original GBC game. Sadly, I could never locate a copy nearby, nor did I own a DSi once Risky's Revenge finally released - so my history with /playing/ Shantae titles is quite new, dating back only a couple months to the moment I received my lovely royal purple 3DS, yet my awareness and appreciation of her games isn't so new at all. I've been a WayForward gamer for longer than I realized, since I was not aware initially that Sigma Star Saga was a WayForward creation. Cool Been enjoying the Mighty! series as well ever since I dove into the joys of the Nintendo eShop. ^^

Well, I'm quite happy to be here and hope to enjoy a great community here! =] The Kickstarter comment section exploded soon after HGH's appearance there, and I've made several cool pals there - should pan out likewise here. ^0^ Thanks to everyone who has supported Shantae through the years and set up welcome sites such as this one. It's much appreciated! Smile

In terms of contributions to the community, well, I've got a few goin'. Since Shantae deserves it! Exclamation I'm assisting Skye with Shantae.net as a contributing writer and content compiler, and I set up the Shantae Steam group, wherein will occur contests and giveaways in collaboration with the rest of the Shantae community - Shantae.net, the WayForward sub-reddit, and so forth, including this fan portal if anyone is interested. =) I also remixed "Dance through the Danger" in Mario Paint Composer and hope to churn out a couple piano/keyboard medleys of various Shantae (or other video game) tunes.

Other info? Sure! I'm mutually in love with my best friend; she and I plan to marry each other around 2015. ^^ I'm a student of economics and French at Liberty University Online, and I transcribe audio for part-time employment. I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and currently reside in the impoverished (ugh x.x) eastern section of West Virginia with my widowed mom. Gaming culture's one of my passions. Beyond Shantae and the Mighty! series, I'm a veteran fan of a multitude of game series: Sonic, Pokémon, Mega Man, Castlevania, Shin Megami Tensei, Thief, Dance Dance Revolution, and so on. I volunteer at my church's media department and listen to a boatload of video game soundtracks and Christian contemporary music. I drink too much Pepsi and *enjoy* it. And I am all too eager to ride along with Shantae as she finally begins to receive the widespread adoration she deserves! \o/ Woo~!

Back to top Go down

Hiya! Empty Re: Hiya!

Post by Axol The Axolotl Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Welcome! I'm an axolotl.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Hello Mr. Axolotl. Kitty Face I do believe you commented on my YouTube upload. That's pretty impressive, for an axolotl! Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Nice to meet you, Tekaramity! Playful Wink Welcome to the community, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

You'd be the second composer to join in at the Fans Portal. Sounds like you got a lot going on, and it's cool you're helping with Skye's fan site; we're very excited that was open to the public today. I also like some Contemporary Christian myself. (Although I admit the number of Game OSTs and Vocaloid songs I have overwhelm my music folder. Twisted Evil ) Mandisa FTW!

I'm a pretty recent Shantae fan too. Heard about it for years because of RacketBoy.com's hidden gems section, but didn't think to check into it until 2011. Not too long after playing through the first game, I started these forums with a couple of friends! I like tons of other series too, but Shantae was in need of more love online. ^^
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Hiya, Teka. Good to see ya, sounds like you're a pretty busy guy. Let us ride the wave of excitement together!
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Welcome to the Forums, Teka.

I am glad to see another passionate Shantae Fan on here.

Paragon. Pleased to meet ya. Kitty Face
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:49 am

I'm ShantaeVocaloid. Nice to meetcha, Teka! Playful Wink
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Wow, thank you everyone for the greetings. ;w; S'great to be here~

Nai, oh yeah I like to keep busy, although I also consider video gaming & even focused relaxing to be part of that busyness. XD It's better than idling!

Yoshi, you betcha, and it's likewise great to be among dozens of other passionate Shantae fans. Extra Smile

And quite nice to meet ya as well, Vocaloid. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by yoshilite Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi again Tek!
yoshilite
yoshilite
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

: Redditor extraordinaire!

http://www.reddit.com/r/WayForward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:37 pm

'Lo again Mr. Joey sir. Carpe diem, Shantaerian!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum