Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Behind Your Nick?

5 posters

Go down

What's Behind Your Nick? Empty What's Behind Your Nick?

Post by .Luke Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

I've always been curious about where half of you guys' nicks came from, so I'm posting a topic here encase anybody wants to share their story.

As for me, mine comes from a name my parents almost gave me, as far as I remember, and I liked the dot in .Hack series, (Although it's mostly the avatar battles that interested me.) so you can guess how both of those things came together. Awesome Face
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

What's Behind Your Nick? Empty Re: What's Behind Your Nick?

Post by BossFight Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Well BossFight is not my commonly used online name, but I remember having trouble with a boss in a game when I joined this site, so I just kinda threw it on there. By extension I kept the name for DeviantArt as I joined pretty much to follow the fan forum and Shantae there as well.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I always wondered where your alias came from, BossFight. Twisted Evil Not bad for an alt nick.

And I have an alternate nickname as well. My best friend started calling me Mr.Glaceon because of my usual Glaceon avatars, and it was like, wow, that works. Next thing you know, it's my alias on everything but web forums and Facebook. Playful Wink
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieWolf-Girl Mon May 26, 2014 5:29 am

As Juliet Capulet asks, "What's in a name?"
This is an interesting topic, I was actually wondering that of the other members, actually.
Hm... unlike .Luke's name, mine doesn't have that special meaning. My forum username is pretty similar to my dA username (DeadWolfGirl), but I just changed the "dead" to "zombie" since it matched the Shantae series better Wink

As for my dA name, I was watching a YouTube video, which was a shoujo anime parody, and there was the stereotypical brooding girl (with wolf ears). Since she was magically transformed into a girl from a wolf (and emo), she was unhappy said something along the lines of "I hate my life, and I want to die" in her monologue. She decides to accept her new life though. The monologue was so unnecessarily "dark" that I incorporated it into my new dA account, but I think I wanted an animal mascot anyway. Which is why anyone who visits my account can see my oc, Zoey causing mischief with other characters. Smile

Tl;dr version: I watched a anime parody, and decided to use a character from it for my name :T
ZombieWolf-Girl
ZombieWolf-Girl
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon May 26, 2014 8:22 pm

That's an interesting source of inspiration. ^^ Mascots are fun to have anyway, and so are multiple aliases. As much as I try to keep one consistent nick across the web, different ones for certain sites make things more fun and festive on there, like you did with your forum name.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Yeah I'm with Luke, I like to keep things simple and streamlined when it comes to online names, hence the switch from my old cumbersome alias of DoomedQuaker (from my two favorite shooty-games at the time).

Nai is Ian backwards... cool story, eh?
And as random as the number 255 may be, it's been a favorite of mine ever since the NES days. If I'm gonna be one of those persons with a number after my name, why not everyone's favorite max-value eight-digit binary?  Playful Wink 

The number 255 on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/255_%28number%29
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Erdrick The Hero Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 am

My username is a name I've used on just about everything since I first joined the Dragon's Den (Dragon Quest fan forums) in December 2007. It really should have been Arus The Hero, but at the time I didn't know the "official" name (used in mangas and other non-game materials, as in-game you name your own character) for the hero in Dragon Quest VII (my favorite game of all time), so I chose the only DQ hero for which I could think of an official name (which actually is just a title, and not an actual name), Erdrick. At the time, I hadn't even actually beat any of the games in the Erdrick trilogy (DQ1-3), and to date, out of the three, I've only beat the first game, so technically my username is still kind of a misnomer. (I hope I spelled misnomer correctly, I've never actually seen it written.)

My username has another issue as well. For those who have watched Yahweasel's Let's Play channel (I doubt any of you have, he's a funny guy but his channel isn't popular) - specifically his Minecraft Thru Time multiplayer specials - or my channel when I actually upload my first Let's Play, you may notice that I pronounce Erdrick as "Ay-r-drick", while everybody else pronounces it as "Errr-drick". Looking at it phonetically, "Errr-drick" makes more sense, but I've been saying "Ay-r-drick" since before I could read (my mom and I would play the games on the NES together when I was young) so I'll probably never change it.
Erdrick The Hero
Erdrick The Hero

: New to the series...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum