Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing right now?

+4
SunnyLinda
BossFight
Paragon-Yoshi
.Luke
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by .Luke Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:50 am

Double-posting because I've been playing Freedom Planet lately. (Bought it on GoG instead of Steam.) I rarely sink this much time into a game, this is legitimately amazing. Already played through it as all three characters, once in the story as Lilac, and going through a no-death run as Lilac too.

What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Freedom_planet_screenshot_5_by_mr_glaceon-d8bwddi

It is exactly the kind of platformer I've been craving since the SNES days. Everything that I loved about those games in the 90's was taken in a new direction. I could write a large post about why I love it so much. Here's not the best place for it, so I'll just say that following the game's development since it was first being discussed publicly, well over two years ago, was not a waste.

Strife and the rest of GalaxyTrail delivered pretty well for their first game. It doesn't surprise me that they're going to become an actual company pretty soon, which you need to be to publish games on Sony and Nintendo consoles anyway.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:43 am

Whassup~ -strolls in like it's 1985....except it isn't- Awesome Face

Yeah man, Freedom Planet totally looks like a fantastic gem. The demo had ensnared me enough, but now, I actually own the full game! - and would be playing it like you and Yoshi are, except that I'm tackling a slice of my backlog first. ;w; Plus, there's the Vita. Mmm, Ys: Memories of Celceta is delicious. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time ain't half-bad, either, and it was only $4.99! \o/ Half-Genie Hero's gonna arrive on it, plus Shovel Knight, Persona 4 Golden, Hyperdimension Neptunia titles - good shtuff on board. uwu It lacks the AAA titles which I don't play anyhow. |D Since my 3DS is still out of commission, the Vita's a Godsend during droll out-of-house tasks and events.

As for the Steam backlog? First up, War of the Human Tanks, the perfect fusion of Battleship and Advance Wars with anime trope overl-....wait, I just finished that (AND IT WAS ADDICTIVE), then the sequel's due out soon? WELP. Shocked

Also, an aside from back when my 3DS was functional: Sea Mauville's an area I wish Game Freak would construct in Poké-titles more often. It's low on combat, high on melancholy - and surprisingly relevant/relatable - lore and backstory. Makes the majority of Pokémon plotlines pale in comparison...(which, uh, they do pale in comparison <.< doubtlessly).

There's a boatload of games to eagerly await in 2015, split infinitive or no! Although I really should hop into Freedom Planet before too long. Cool Slap me if I haven't yet played it by May. Tally ho~

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 am

Freedom Planet will take up a huge chunk of your time when you get to it, (Four hours straight on my first run with Lilac, no breaks and lots of dying.) so I'd try to knock a few others out first too. Twisted Evil

I wish GameFreak would do more story-telling like that. I thought it was a wonderful breath of fresh air when they did it with Pokemon Black/White. Going deeper with story, like the combat system has been over the years, wouldn't be a bad thing.

As for myself, I'm still collecting cards on Freedom Planet, and will probably do a foot play through too. As in, playing the game with my feet on a USB controller. Awesome Face (What? I always use fresh socks, don't be silly!) Seeing as I can no longer die infrequently, I need the game to kill me more times again, or I could crank it up to hard mode.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:01 am

If you play through FP with your feet, record yourself somehow. Kitty Face Since you bought it on GoG, DRM- and worry-free, the only obstacle might be recording the darn game in decent quality. Sounds like a worthwhile venture nonetheless! Although, if you still fail to...well, fail at the game, then perhaps you'll need to up the ante. Play it with your nose and naught else. Awesome Face

As for me, uh - the 3DS remains broken after one unsuccessful Nintendo repair attempt (so no Pirate's Curse, Gunman Clive 2, or Alpha Sapphire), the Vita has been and shall be active enough w/ the ever-reliable Ys: Memories of Celceta (doesn't quite ascend to the heights of Ys: The Oath in Felghana, IMO) and the upcoming port of Shovel Knight, and Steam's been an endless stream of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth. I cannot tear myself away from HDN at the moment. <.<' Wait, JRPGs - good JRPGs - populate Steam these days? o3o Wow, what an era to inhabit.... I rather like it. Wink I'm all for Deus Ex, Thief, and other superb Western titles as stalwarts of the service, but it's equally welcome to behold the expanding Eastern market, from Dark Souls to Final Fantasy, also on the platform. -nudges GoG- Your move. ewe

Hey Luke, you want a bricked 3DS? I'll flip it down south to ya~ |D Just take it to a technological wizard who can resuscitate borked handhelds & presto: free functional 3DS w/ WayForward titles aplenty preloaded. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:08 am

Must be everybody's too busy playing video games to post, eh. EH. |D Awesome Face

A lotta Dark Souls, for me, yet again, alongside Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 on Steam - while out of the house, it's Ys: Memories of Celceta chief among the Vita titles. Wish I retained possession of my co-owned PS3 (my brother's got it this year) to replay Demon's Souls as well. Considering Dark Souls II, but really, I am more inclined to save what meager cash I can scrimp together for a PS4: Bloodborne, Final Fantasy XV, and Hyperdimension Neptunia V-II are but three of the titles that look vastly appealing. 'Specially Bloodborne. Lordy, From Software, do you ever quit? Please don't quit. Your masterpieces are superb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Codename S.T.E.A.M.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum