Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Related Dreams?

3 posters

Go down

Video Game Related Dreams? Empty Video Game Related Dreams?

Post by .Luke Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:37 pm

So, how many times have your dreams involved something from a video game? (Could be a character, an item, crossovers, or even visiting a world from a video game!) Just a question that recently popped into my head. XD You don't have to spice it up to make it sound interesting for the rest of us either; it should be funny or interesting enough on its own. I've got at least three good ones of my own to share with you guys. =P

1 . I was in an outdoor fleamarket once trying to flag down Blaze. (Shockingly she was actually four feet tall, instead of being too small or too large.) She was frantically searching for Silver and calling out his name, and outrunning me most of the way. XD Eventually, I lost her around a corner, so I went back to shopping, slightly depressed. Sad

2 . In another dream, I went camping with my parents and sister, and in one moment my mom was taking pictures of a wild yoshi eating scraps from a dumpster nearby. It was freaking hilarious. XD

3 . Now this one is completely wacky! I was flying uncontrollably feet first through the air around Bianca Hills, from Super Mario Sunshine. I was smashing through lattace fences and getting a real head rush from the speed. It was so insane and random. XD

4 . Then there was this one dream that I actually got around to drawing out : http://fav.me/d4mxivr I plan on making a series of drawings some time, of just things that I've seen in my dreams. It feels kinda satisifying to bring them into the realm of reality, I don't know why. =P It's like the vanishing cabinet from Harry Potter, only with memories instead of physical objects; taking something that was once from another world and bringing it here with me to show everyone.

So, what have you guys dreamed before? Have you seen Shantae yet in your dreams? I'm still wishing for that, personally. Maybe it'll happen tonight, who can predict what will happen in the unrestrained virtual sandbox of our minds? Twisted Evil
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Video Game Related Dreams? Empty Re: Video Game Related Dreams?

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:56 pm

What a coincidence - I actually had a videogame-related dream last night.

All I can remember, though, is that it was about Amy in some sort of greenhouse(?), training for the Olympics for some reason. Again.
Speaking of the Olympics, I did NOT enjoy the first Mario & Sonic game. Its sequels are good, though.

The strangest thing was that the greenhouse wasn't small, like most greenhouses - it was roughly the size of an average store.

Oh, and there was water involved. Considering what I like, it's pretty much expected at this point. Kitty Face

It's funny, 'cuz I'm usually inspired by my dreams (whereas this one was just weird). For example, these three spawned from a trip to Dreamland:
Video Game Related Dreams? Katsumi_kiyoko_by_sonicstarvocaloid-d5q0or7Video Game Related Dreams? Akemi_kiyoko_by_sonicstarvocaloid-d5q0pkpVideo Game Related Dreams? Michiko_kiyoko_by_sonicstarvocaloid-d5q0pu8
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Ah man, far too often have I had such dreams.
They're usually always random pop culture dice rolls, for better or worse.

Only a couple years back did I start keeping a dream journal. These are but a few entries:

* Chao of Hope *
Based off of the loss of my GCN Memory Card data and all the Chao on the card itself. I found myself in an empty Chao Garden all alone, stumbling upon a lone Chao egg. I sit in the corner of a rock formation and nuzzle the egg with a null demeanor. I lay the egg down as I start to fall asleep, and out pops a tiny Chao, baby blue with bright yellow highlights and a frown. I vow to take good care of the Chao, and name it "Hope". Hope grows up to be a red Hero Chao with a long, thin sickle-shaped appendage on it's forehead and plump wings.

* Walking the Kong *
A quick dream where I'm taking Donkey Kong out for a walk on a thick leash through a jungle gym park. Too much Mario Party 5, I fear... at least he didn't seem to mind, since I had plenty of bananas.

* Shantae Solicitation *
My inner fanboy definitely had this one planned for a long time: I wake up from under the covers to find Shantae walking into the room. I hide under the covers out of reflex, but her reassuring voice helps me ease up and hear her out. "Listen, do you think we could be friends if I were able to find a house close by within the next 2 days?". It was all so sudden, I couldn't really help but stare into nothingness. "And get in shape, ok?" she remarks with a grin as she pokes my tummy and leaves.

Funny you mention Super Mario Sunshine in your dreams, Luke. Even before it's release, I'd have dreams of leaping around a vast water park not unlike the one in that game
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 am

Oooooooh, sounds like Nai had a Shantae dream everyone one of us male fans can only dream about dreaming of. Twisted Evil I'm so jelly! Lord knows I would have woken up straight after that moment with a flushed red face. =P And lol, walking Donkey Kong? I'd keep a truckload of bananas in my pants too if I had a 800 pound gorilla on a leash. XD

Nai255 wrote:Funny you mention Super Mario Sunshine in your dreams, Luke. Even before it's release, I'd have dreams of leaping around a vast water park not unlike the one in that game

Wow, that's pretty crazy Nai. XD I love leaping around in dreams, you can almost feel the rush from jumping and falling so fast. =P I prefer it to the time I flew around on a motorcycle in a museum; man that was one crazy dream, nearly crashed into everything. Twisted Evil

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:What a coincidence - I actually had a videogame-related dream last night.

All I can remember, though, is that it was about Amy in some sort of greenhouse(?), training for the Olympics for some reason. Again.
Speaking of the Olympics, I did NOT enjoy the first Mario & Sonic game. Its sequels are good, though.

The strangest thing was that the greenhouse wasn't small, like most greenhouses - it was roughly the size of an average store.

Oh, and there was water involved. Considering what I like, it's pretty much expected at this point. Kitty Face

It's funny, 'cuz I'm usually inspired by my dreams (whereas this one was just weird).

Sounds like a cute dream, and I'm a huge fan of water myself. =P Kinda reminds me of one really old dream where I was in a small greenhouse too, but I was playing hide and seek with my mom as a kid; she had on the cutest swimsuit. >w< *blushes* ANYWAY-

lol, you think your dreams are weird from time to time? In one dream I had, I landed on the blue sandy deserts of Uranus in a helicopter from space, BEAT DAT. > : D The logic of both elements defy everything!
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 am

.Luke wrote:I love leaping around in dreams, you can almost feel the rush from jumping and falling so fast. =P I prefer it to the time I flew around on a motorcycle in a museum; man that was one crazy dream, nearly crashed into everything. Twisted Evil

Oh geez. That must've hurt. Sad

.Luke wrote:lol, you think your dreams are weird from time to time? In one dream I had, I landed on the blue sandy deserts of Uranus in a helicopter from space, BEAT DAT. > : D The logic of both elements defy everything!

...WAT. Laughing Okay, your dreams are officially leagues better than mine! XD
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Museum motorcross? Space copters? Eheh, that's also rather out there Laughing

To me, nothing beats a dream where you actually feel like you're flying or exploring in ways that aren't exactly possible.
My favorite simply involves me pedaling my legs to hover about across the clouds, as if on an invisible acro bike.
It beats the one where I'm forced to jump off a swingset over the Grand Canyon, where I wake up in the real world upon impact with a considerable jolt Exclamation
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Nai255 wrote:It beats the one where I'm forced to jump off a swingset over the Grand Canyon, where I wake up in the real world upon impact with a considerable jolt Exclamation

OH GEEZ. >.< That is either painful or scary. Or painfully scary. Either one.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:36 pm

ShantaeVocaloid wrote:
...WAT. Laughing Okay, your dreams are officially leagues better than mine! XD

And would you believe there was a gas station with cars near the landing zone too? =P Felt like I was testing your suspense of belief enough with the rest, so I decided not to mention it at first. XD

Nai255 wrote:Museum motorcross? Space copters? Eheh, that's also rather out there Laughing

To me, nothing beats a dream where you actually feel like you're flying or exploring in ways that aren't exactly possible.
My favorite simply involves me pedaling my legs to hover about across the clouds, as if on an invisible acro bike.

Museum motocross? I like the sound of that. Twisted Evil And you pedal your legs in your dreams too? Wow, I thought I was the only one doing that to soar across large gaps. XD

Nai255 wrote:It beats the one where I'm forced to jump off a swingset over the Grand Canyon, where I wake up in the real world upon impact with a considerable jolt Exclamation

Oh God, I know how that feels! (Although I wasn't dared to swing off the Grand Canyon, you've got me beat there with the insanity of it all!) In one dream, I was riding around in a car with random people on a tall mountain, and the vehicle swerved off a guard rail. That's when we all were slung out of the car, soaring at 200Mph through the air like gravity didn't exist, screaming like maniacs and flapping our arms like rag dolls. XD

That's when we crashed hundreds of stories below at the mountain base straight into a warehouse. We landed in a bathroom and that's when I woke up. =P Don't know how we smashed through an aluminum roof, though, and the car was nowhere to be seen. Probably kept flying until it hit a plane, my dreams are always insane. Twisted Evil
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down