Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shantae GBC Prototype!

4 posters

Go down

Shantae GBC Prototype!   Empty Shantae GBC Prototype!

Post by SimonReborn Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey dear shantae lovers!

I'm a big game collector and my favorite genre is without a doubt Platformers and you could imagine "Shantae" getting a pretty high score from me.
Now, I´ve recently obtain a very rare and cool item, It is a prototype of the original Gameboy color game of "Shantae". This was used to test out the game by developers and would later be destroyed. This makes a great collectible and to really make this shine through, I´ve made a custom cover for a custom made VHS case but It's finished not yet... I'm looking for something catchy to write on the background that could perhaps start with "I might be unfinished but...". I considered lines like: "but I still whoop your a.s.s all the way to the ship you came from" but I dont know... :/

Anyone got some suggestions?

Unfinished cover:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   1y8vh3

Totally revamped cover:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   Dfna

Prototype cartridge:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   B7ig4w

Start Screen:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   16jr0bk

Last edited by SimonReborn on Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
SimonReborn
SimonReborn
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Shantae GBC Prototype!   Empty Re: Shantae GBC Prototype!

Post by .Luke Wed May 01, 2013 12:54 am

Welcome to the community, Simon! An amazing first post, we're glad to have you here. ^^

Honestly, this is almost like finding the Holy Grail in the Shantae fandom, man, this is an excellent find and I had no second thoughts about moving this to the News section! This is pretty big for our fanbase, since as far as I know, nobody's ever posted a prototype of Shantae on the Internet; you could be the first.

.Luke's official golden trophy of approval, coming right up!

Shantae GBC Prototype!   Gold-trophy-cup

Congratulations for finding such a gem; I hope you're able to dump an image of it eventually, it would be interesting to see what all's in store without causing any wear and tear, or bit-rot, to the original cartridge.

The date in the last screenshot is an entire year behind the game's final release, so we can only begin to speculate what may have been on the cutting room floor at Wayforward! Once again, thanks for finding this little beauty, Simon, this is a really exciting discovery. ^^
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Wed May 01, 2013 1:10 am

Exclamation Wow, what a find! I'm honestly at a loss for words.

Speaking of which, I actually kinda like the idea of the homemade back cover just cutting off after "I may be unfinished, but...".
Eheh, but I jest. I can't really think of anything decent as far as words go, however. What about some mock-up sketches that show Shantae and/or other characters in a prototype style? Or maybe use some of the official concept sketches that are floating around the net? Because if you ask me, words alone really can't describe such a treasure
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonReborn Wed May 01, 2013 2:19 am

.Luke wrote:Welcome to the community, Simon! An amazing first post, we're glad to have you here. ^^

Honestly, this is almost like finding the Holy Grail in the Shantae fandom, man, this is an excellent find and I had no second thoughts about moving this to the News section! This is pretty big for our fanbase, since as far as I know, nobody's ever posted a prototype of Shantae on the Internet; you could be the first.

.Luke's official golden trophy of approval, coming right up!

Shantae GBC Prototype!   Gold-trophy-cup

Congratulations for finding such a gem; I hope you're able to dump an image of it eventually, it would be interesting to see what all's in store without causing any wear and tear, or bit-rot, to the original cartridge.

The date in the last screenshot is an entire year behind the game's final release, so we can only begin to speculate what may have been on the cutting room floor at Wayforward! Once again, thanks for finding this little beauty, Simon, this is a really exciting discovery. ^^

Thx for the very kind words, Luke Smile
I'll try to bring something to the tablet every now and then and I'll most defiantly look into dumping the image sooner or later Playful Wink

Nai255 wrote: Exclamation Wow, what a find! I'm honestly at a loss for words.

Speaking of which, I actually kinda like the idea of the homemade back cover just cutting off after "I may be unfinished, but...".
Eheh, but I jest. I can't really think of anything decent as far as words go, however. What about some mock-up sketches that show Shantae and/or other characters in a prototype style? Or maybe use some of the official concept sketches that are floating around the net? Because if you ask me, words alone really can't describe such a treasure

I paid a high price tag for it but I didn't regret it even once, It sucha gem Awesome Face
Thx for the appreciation of the cover art and the suggestion about the mock-up sketches was just GENIUS! Me and Luke is already working on it, Thx alot! Wink

SimonReborn
SimonReborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed May 01, 2013 10:26 am

I too welcome you to the forums. Thanks for joining. ^_^

I can only second what the others were saying.
Hope to see some gameplay-screens soon. Extra Smile
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonReborn Wed May 01, 2013 5:14 pm

SimonReborn wrote:Hey dear shantae lovers!

I'm a big game collector and my favorite genre is without a doubt Platformers and you could imagine "Shantae" getting a pretty high score from me.
Now, I´ve recently obtain a very rare and cool item, It is a prototype of the original Gameboy color game of "Shantae". This was used to test out the game by developers and would later be destroyed. This makes a great collectible and to really make this shine through, I´ve made a custom cover for a custom made VHS case but It's finished not yet... I'm looking for something catchy to write on the background that could perhaps start with "I might be unfinished but...". I considered lines like: "but I still whoop your a.s.s all the way to the ship you came from" but I dont know... :/

Anyone got some suggestions?

Unfinished cover:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   1y8vh3

Totally revamped cover:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   Dfna

Final Cover?: (Tell me what ya think Smile

Shantae GBC Prototype!   15ge2o7

Prototype cartridge:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   B7ig4w

Start Screen:

Shantae GBC Prototype!   16jr0bk
SimonReborn
SimonReborn

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue May 14, 2013 7:02 pm

I do apologize for not responding sooner Simon, my social life online is pretty distracting, plus all the art obligations on my plate. I could still do an upscale vector of a Shantae logo for you, like I said on IRC, if you still need it?

Also, seeing as you've updated the cover, I like how you've implemented the sketches, the result is pretty nice. ^^
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down