Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential fan-fiction?

3 posters

Go down

Potential fan-fiction?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential fan-fiction?

Post by ZombieWolf-Girl Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:05 am

.Luke wrote:Yeah, Axol, that was a great surprise. :twisted:The whole thing felt very spot-on and believable for Rotty's motivations, something I always worry about most fan fictions screwing up. Even the little touches, like Risky idly checking her fingernails, were nice. Good luck with writing part two!

Glad you liked chapter one! I try my best to make sure the characters will act as naturally as they can. I'm also glad you noticed the tiny details as well. Here's part two https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9883270/2/Rotten-friend-fresh-start

.Luke wrote:
As somebody who also enjoys writing, I feel it's very important to read the works of other writers, and provide feedback whenever possible, especially online where feedback is pretty skimpy. (People aren't as quick to read fiction, since that takes time, whereas with art you can take in all the details almost instantaneously.) As Stephen King once said, “If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”, and I firmly believe it.
That's a really good belief you have. I tend to read fan fictions, and look at art like a ninja (not saying anything, but I'm there) but I always take the time to analyze what I'm reading, and why I do or don't like it.
ZombieWolf-Girl
ZombieWolf-Girl
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon May 26, 2014 8:29 pm

I'll be sure take a look at it later tonight! And it's great you enjoy analyzing written works. There aren't enough writers like that online, so it's no surprise when the more active writers in the community stand out the most.

Also, I think we could do with a Ninja Shantae smiley. Twisted Evil I might try making one later.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieWolf-Girl Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 am

.Luke wrote:I'll be sure take a look at it later tonight! And it's great you enjoy analyzing written works. There aren't enough writers like that online, so it's no surprise when the more active writers in the community stand out the most.

Also, I think we could do with a Ninja Shantae smiley. Twisted Evil I might try making one later.

It's been a while, but thanks; it's good to hear I'm doing something right. I'd love to hear your input after you read the second chapter Smile (hopefully you didn't explode into confetti after reading the last chapter, lol xD)

A ninja Shantae smiley? Sounds good. I really should draw something related to HGH, especially since I haven't done anything for the crunchyroll contest, or when the kickstarter campaign was still ongoing. My only regret! Procrastination in school is bad. Unfortunately, I'm not satisfied with drawing Shantae in my new art style yet....

And a new update: I'm working on fanfic #3. I never realized how hard it was to draw a dude. Oh, and he has a nose, unlike most of the male characters Twisted Evil I'll probably have his design on dA soon.
ZombieWolf-Girl
ZombieWolf-Girl

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum