Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Shantae confirmed!!!

+4
.Luke
BossFight
Agent Gold
Paragon-Yoshi
8 posters

Go down

More Shantae confirmed!!! Empty More Shantae confirmed!!!

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 pm

It looks like news about Shantae are starting to sprout everywhere.
Good! Extra Smile

Anyway, I got another news-articile from "ShantaeVocaloid" on DA. (Thanks a lot, my friend! Extra Smile)
This one confirms that they are working on the next Shantae. Even though it wasn't the main subject of the interview. Wink

Here the article: CLICK

Last edited by Paragon-Yoshi on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

More Shantae confirmed!!! Empty Re: More Shantae confirmed!!!

Post by Agent Gold Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:43 pm

Y'know, you can link directly to the article rather than telling me I'm about to leave DeviantArt first. Razz

But this is cool. I'm glad to know Shantae is officially alive right now! I'll be curious to see what they have in mind for the Wii U!
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Lol, my bad. Fixed that now. Razz
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 pm

So really, based on this interview, whether it's Shantae or not, they just need ONE game to make it huge and win them tons of money. That way, they can focus on more games at once, namely being able to do work-for-hire and work on Shantae/Mighty at the same time.

I'm kind of hoping Adventure Time wins them that money, because it's already an enormously popular cartoon (like 3 million likes on FB: was surprised to see that) and Pendleton Ward sounded like a really cool guy, so I doubt they'd ever have any problems with him.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:27 am

I hope they're able to take a decent crack at the Adventure Time series too, most games based on the show right now look rather underwhelming!

Anyway, kudos to ShantaeVocaloid for keeping tabs on the development scene! This is great news if the possiblity of an HD 2D title or 3D Shantae game opens up to WayForward pretty soon; it might just rake in more fans if that were to happen! Even hearing of talk about this from the developers sounds promising, I can't wait to see if they have any vids to reveal to the public sometime this year or next.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

More Shantae confirmed!!! Empty NICE!

Post by NBean53 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 am

YAAAAAAAAAAY We get a new Shantae game on the Wii U as well as the GBC release on the e-Shop?!? WayForward you are awesome!

NBean53
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah, I just hope the Virtual Console release isn't too far off right now; not that it matters to me, since I don't have a 3DS yet. XD (Although it will be the first thing I purchase on the eShop, alongside Risky's Revenge, when I do!) I can already play the first Shantae on my DS with Lameboy, but the constant 50 FPS is noticeably slower than 60 FPS on VBA-M. XD Playing it at 60 FPS on a portable without the CAPCOM logo in there would be like finding a cold glass of water in Death Valley.

Just keep your feet nailed to the floor on a 2D WiiU game, though, who knows when that will happen! We can be sure the devs will gladly announce it once there's something to show, so there's that.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by skyewelse Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 am

Wasn't planning on getting a Wii U for awhile, but if Shantae is heading on over there. Nintendo may have their wish granted... : )

-Thomas
skyewelse
skyewelse
Contributor
Contributor

: In Xanadu

http://www.shantae.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Only one more day until the virtual console release of Shantae. I bet this will be a hot seller.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 pm

I'll go one step over that bet, and hope this causes the Internet to explode with the news. Twisted Evil

HERE COMES THE HYPE TRAIN, AND WE LEFT OUR BRAKES AT THE LAST STATION.

More Shantae confirmed!!! 23_22_1-Swansea-London-Paddington-High-Speed-Train-HST-_web
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:00 pm

More Shantae for me and you,
on 3DS! ...and Wii U, too?

Great news all around, I kinda figured there would be plans for a Wii U Shantae at some point now that she's basically captain of WayForward's flagship. It's also nice to see the original finally hit 3DS VC as well for the amazing price of $5. That's a solid 96% off! Surprised 
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:54 pm

Five bucks? O: Holy cow, that's even cheaper than the LoZ Oracle games. I guess this is a launch sale? (Because Ages and Seasons were up for $5 each on launch day.) Either way, $5 to $10 is small beans compared to buying an original cartridge; I'm definitely getting both it and Risky's Revenge when I buy a 3DS eventually. I might need to update my review of it on GameFAQs, since it does still get looked at pretty regularly.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Best $5 I've spent on a game. Honestly trying to think of a better spent five and I just can't.

Anyway, WayForward posted this interview with Nintendolife on their Facebook page: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/interview_wayforward_on_shantaes_past_present_and_future

It's a very nice read regarding the recent VC release and the Pirate's Curse to come.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 am

That was a very informative interview. ^^ And it seems like things were peachy between WayForward and Capcom outside them losing interest in publishing a sequel; they really tried pushing units into the market place.

Also, this snippet near the end is hugely encouraging.

Matt Bozon wrote:Development on Pirate’s Curse has not slowed at all. From the start we’ve have a dedicated team working full time unlike in past years where we’d put Shantae on hold while we worked on licensed games. At our current size we can have many games in development, which has been critical to keeping this game on schedule. Currently we’re looking at a Fall release in 2013. We’ll be sure to get Nintendo Life readers more details in the next few weeks… the game looks beautiful and we’ve got some pretty big surprises to reveal. Like BIG surprises, and I’m really looking forward to sharing more!

I'm amazed their size has grown enough to allow a team to work on the game full time, that's mind-blowing, and it certain helps explain how Mighty Switch Force is getting a sequel really soon too. And if Pirate's Curse gets released sometime this fall, anyone in this fan base with a 3DS is going to be full of happy campers.

Now if they could just get RR's PC port greenlit on Steam, I will be ecstatic. Twisted Evil
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:31 pm

These guys are working quick. Mighty Switch Force 2's recent release (even better than the first IMO) the Cartoon Netwotk games, Shantae VC's release, and now Ducktales Remastered ehich they're working side-by-side Disney for as well as Pirate's Curse both Scheduled for Fall.

You can almost taste their success lately! Four years ago or so I thought the company was a goner, and now look at them.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:16 pm

BossFight wrote:These guys are working quick. Mighty Switch Force 2's recent release (even better than the first IMO) the Cartoon Netwotk games, Shantae VC's release, and now Ducktales Remastered ehich they're working side-by-side Disney for as well as Pirate's Curse both Scheduled for Fall.

You can almost taste their success lately! Four years ago or so I thought the company was a goner, and now look at them.

Yeah, they've definitely expanded their size a lot since the first Shantae was released. I'm glad of that, they really have a lot going on now. Hopefully more of their original series will get the chance to shine, not just the projects they're commissioned for. I'd guess the digital marketplace has really done wonders for them.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down