Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use?

4 posters

Go down

What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use? Empty What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use?

Post by .Luke Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am

ITT, we chat about the software tools we use to pursue our social activities online. IRC clients count too.

As for me, I have Pidgin and Skype on Windows/Ubuntu, as well as Oovoo and Yahoo! IM on Windows. Not really a fan of Oovoo besides its multi-user video chat, but otherwise it's just a Skype clone with no password encryption and annoying advertisements crammed into the UI, so I stick to Skype for most of my IM conversations. Yahoo!'s IM client is littered with performance-killing ads too, so I use Pidgin for chats with people I know IRL, and Skype for internet friends + real life stuff. Don't know why I don't just stick to Skype at this point. XD
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use? Empty Re: What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use?

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:13 pm

I only use Skype these days.

I also have MSN. But I stopped using it long ago.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use? Empty Re: What Instant Messenging (IM) clients do you use?

Post by Nai255 Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

I mainly use Skype as well, and Windows Messenger for those who don't.
I'm the kind of person who doesn't like using multiple versions of something to do the same thing, eheh
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Heh, good to know there are more than a few Skype users on here. ^_^ I didn't know there was a Windows Messenger either.

I feel the same way about having multiple clients, Nai. I'm considering taking Pidgin off my startup, because I have pretty much everyone I know in my Skype contacts; can't even remember the last time I had a conversation with somebody on Yahoo! IM. =P I mean, I'll still keep it encase somebody wants to chat on that, but it won't be there to hog a good chunk of boot time to itself.

How many people do any of you think used MSN back in the day? I've never used it before and actually removed it on every Windows install I had, (Or was that Windows Messenger/Live Messenger?) so I don't know what that was like.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I use Skype too, but I really only use it when I'm doing online gaming, which hasn't been for a while.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum