Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?"

3 posters

Go down

How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?" Empty How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?"

Post by .Luke Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:18 pm

During the whole forum skinning process we haven't actually talked about Shantae herself one bit on these forums, and that makes me sad. ;___; Let's not forget why we're sprucing up the place!

Anyway, as for me, I've had two cousins and a Skype friend ask me who Shantae was. XD Which earned this fanbase one more fan, since my little cousin likes the series now! He's bored of Risky's Revenge at the moment, but who knows when he'll pick it back up, and he's definitely interested in anything new being talked about Shantae.

So, what about you guys? Anymore "converts" in your corner of the world? =P
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?" Empty Re: How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?"

Post by Nai255 Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:00 pm

To be honest, Shantae seems fairly well-known around The Backloggery, the online gaming community I frequent most outside here. I've never been one to force my opinions on games towards others TOO heavily, but I do have the GBC original marked with a 5 out of 5 rating, and the caption: "a platformer fan's wish come true", eheh
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?" Empty Re: How many people have had you ask, "Who's Shantae?"

Post by BossFight Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't think getting bored before beating a six hour long game would make that person a "fan" of the series lol.

Either way, most people I've come across still don't know about Shantae. For good reason, too. Her first game had bad release timing, and her second game was put on DSiWare, which was infamous for having NO good games meaning most DSi owners didn't even bother checking the store, much less giving RR a chance.

Now, if a game gets released early in the Wii U's time, then we might see some progress, so long as they make the good game (and they will.) Even on 3DS, though, it would have better chances, as more people are interested in the eShop, and even being a downloaded game, they are not NEARLY as limited as on the DSi.

I think its best chance, though, is getting a very well-made 3D game (like we talked about some time ago) or getting a multiplayer game, maybe kind of similar to New Super Mario Bros, Kirby RTDL, DK Country Returns, etc. I bring this up because Shantae and her friends explicitly state at the end of RR that they'll "no longer fight alone."
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 pm

My little cousin's actually beaten RR three times in a row and loved it all the way through, even with the cliff-hanger ending, so he's had his fill of the game until the urge hits him again, like with any single player experience for the rest of us. XD

That's a good point about the eShop, the DSiWare Store knew mostly shovelware and it's the same story for Risky's Revenge on Apple devices too, but the standards have picked up a lot on the 3DS's eShop, so I think RR's getting a lot more attention because of it. ^^ Can't wait to see what a Steam release will do for Shantae's popularity! (And yeah, we can always hope for something to happen on the WiiU too, even if it's another 2D game. ^^)

Nai225 wrote:To be honest, Shantae seems fairly well-known around The Backloggery, the online gaming community I frequent most outside here. I've never been one to force my opinions on games towards others TOO heavily, but I do have the GBC original marked with a 5 out of 5 rating, and the caption: "a platformer fan's wish come true", eheh

It's good to know Shantae's getting noticed on game communities. ^^ Might check out that place, kinda reminds me of Racketboy's site, who's all about "Gaming like it's 1999!". (Also actually the same site where I first discovered the first Shantae. XD)
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum