Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Much VG Music Do You Listen To?

5 posters

Go down

How Much VG Music Do You Listen To? Empty How Much VG Music Do You Listen To?

Post by .Luke Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 am

After listening to SPC files of SNES music for the past two days straight, I've been wondering, how many video game soundtracks do you listen to? Thanks to the music format of the SNES, I've got several and then some without consuming whole gigabytes of space in MP3 or OGG format, then there's Skyward Sword's OST, odds and ends from other games I love, and Sonic Before the Sequel, (Along with Sonic After the Sequel's soundtrack.) so that's a lot of tunes for when I need to mix things up. I do still have some Midi files from VGMusic for nostalgia too.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

How Much VG Music Do You Listen To? Empty Re: How Much VG Music Do You Listen To?

Post by Deadly Lampshade Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:05 pm

I don't listen to any VG Music I'm always listening to VG Music, all the time.

Deadly Lampshade
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Deadliest of Lampshades

Back to top Go down

How Much VG Music Do You Listen To? Empty Re: How Much VG Music Do You Listen To?

Post by Nai255 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Yeah I got a whole bunch of those digital videogame music files in my collection. Much like the games themselves, I've never been one to have picky tastes in music: old or new, mainstream or indie, if it's got a good sound, I'll enjoy it all the same.

If I had to name a few of my favorite indie soundtracks off the top of my head, I'd say I really like the music to Aquaria, Bastion, Blocks that Matter, VVVVVV, and Aces Wild. They're just the kind of games you'd boot up just to hear the songs in a sound test Smile
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Aside from Sonic music, I pretty much listen to whatever I feel like. Much like Nai, I'm not really all that picky about videogame music if it sounds good. Smile
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardFalcon Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 am

I've been into video game music since I was a kid. One of my top played tracks in my Last FM and iTunes libraries is a song from a SEGA Genesis game even.

EdwardFalcon
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 pm

If it's VGM, it's likely I've given it a shot at some point. ;)If it's not VGM, CCM, or a soundtrack to an animation, it's likely I *don't* listen to it. X3

To list favorite VG soundtracks? Th-that'd take such pondering, such deliberating! D= But I could try....

All Sonic
All Mega Man
All Pokémon
All Castlevania
All Shin Megami Tensei
All Dance Dance Revolution
All Shantae
All Mighty! series
Final Fantasy 7-12 (excluding 11)
SaGa Frontier & Romancing SaGa
Atelier Iris 1+2
Mana Khemia 1+2
Wild ARMs 4
Star Ocean 3
Shatter
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Breath of Death VII
Deus Ex
Command & Conquer
Super Mario RPG
Sparkster+Rocket Knight Adventures
Gundemonium collection
Chantelise
Tales of the Abyss
Phantasy Star series (including Online)
Rhythm Thief
Dust: An Elysian Tail

....there's more, but that's a start? ^^''

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 pm

That's why I didn't list any of the OSTs I have, because I'd create a list twice as long as that one. Twisted Evil Can't forget my love for Halo games' soundtracks too.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Yeah, basically; I slipped up and forgot several of my own. X3 Not that it's a competition nor should it be. Save those for Xbox Gamerscores hockey. Playful Wink

What baffles me, though? It rarely ends well when I discuss video game 'outside' of the Internet, to this day. That general unwelcoming mindset ought to have dissipated by now, I'd posit. =\ Sure, disagreements over taste and genre will always remain, but to reject VG music's validity outright smacks of carelessness. I don't reject the validity of *any* music; I simply listen solely to what interests me & don't begrudge others for doing likewise. No need for ostracization, aye?

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Same here. Music is music to me, no matter if it came from a game, movie, or a band. I think a lot of people, especially older generations, still have generally poor impression of video games as a form of media. (This general consensus keeps brand names like Electronic Boutique more popular than GameStop in other countries, I do believe, since it sounds more like a general electronics store, than a place for stereotypical basement dwellers to congregate.) I think it will take a few more decades for that to disappear.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 am

Speaking of game music, I dunno where else to slot this, but I've finally created another Mario Paint rendition of a video game song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuBMLe7w6uE

It's the bike theme from Pokémon X & Y; don't listen if you do not want it spoiled! Surprised Save it 'til ya hear it in-game. X3

(Where *should* future game remixes that we ourselves create go, anyhow? I'd feel narcissistic posting a topic /solely dedicated/ to my own remixes, especially since they're few and far between due to RL. x.x I s'pose linking to them in here is okay...?)

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:15 pm

I don't have X yet, but spoiling a little tune like that won't hurt. Twisted Evil It's really cute Tekaramity, I can't wait to see how faithful it is to the original tune.

And it wouldn't seem ego-stroking to have your own thread for remixes. It'd actually be a better way for us to keep up with your stuff. We also have the Shantae Fan Media board if you want to make a topic for Shantae-themed remixes too.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Oh, it's faithful. Trust me. ;D And as for X itself, you'll be in for....ah, a range of reactions! It's not a hollow game, at /any/ rate.

Ah, well, I'll keep that in mind for future releases, should any arise! ^///^ And yeah, the Shantae fan media board's the target for future Shantae remixes/covers/et al. Just need a conduit for recording myself at the piano....I don't suppose the 'local' (40 miles away x.o) music shops will permit me to borrow their equipment. Awesome Face

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:48 pm

It would be great to see more of your musical talents in action, if you can rent the equipment for that. ^^ We wouldn't mind you having a second topic for non-Shantae music as well, so worry more about the content itself than where it's posted.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down