Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of Hiroshi Yamauchi

4 posters

Go down

Death of Hiroshi Yamauchi Empty Death of Hiroshi Yamauchi

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Former Nintendo president, responsible for turning Nintendo from a trading-card industry to a huge, successful video game company, has died this day.

He will be missed. Sad

I am short of speeches, so I will just leave this here.
CLICK
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Death of Hiroshi Yamauchi Empty Re: Death of Hiroshi Yamauchi

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:56 pm

...I don't have a speech either. I will, however, leave this quote here from Mr. Iwata:

Satoru Iwata wrote:The entire Nintendo group will carry on the spirit of Mr. Yamauchi by honoring, in our approach to entertainment, the sense of value he has taught us — that there is merit in doing what is different — and at the same time, by changing Nintendo in accordance with changing times.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 pm

And another from one Mr. Masuda:

Junichi Masuda wrote:“I just found out about the news regarding the death of former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi. He created the Famicom, and the game business in Japan, and made it into a recognized part of the game industry around the world. And he also loved Pokémon. Mr. Yamauchi, today we surpassed one million preorders for XY… I pray from the bottom of my heart for your happiness in the next world.”
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Rest well, Mr. Yamauchi. You'll always live on in our hearts
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 am

I remember reading the GameFAQs thread about this when the news broke; no trolls even touched the topic, and I think that's saying a lot about the level of respect he had in this industry. The man worked hard to bring his company where it was during his time, and while Mr.Yamauchi wasn't directly the one making the games that elevated Nintendo to the success story it is today, he was the one who made it all possible for the development teams to unleash their creative thinking on a platform that took the world by storm. I think it goes without saying how significant his intuition and creativity as a business man was to his company. From such humble beginnings, to trying out the hotel business and roadside snacks before settling into toys and games.

He may have passed on at a ripe old age, far more than some creative minds who have unfortunately been claimed prematurely, but he will be missed. You finished the game of life with a highscore few may ever top; rest in peace, Hiroshi Yamauchi.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum