Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first Fan-ART!

2 posters

Go down

My first Fan-ART! Empty My first Fan-ART!

Post by giamat99 Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:26 am

Hi everybody! I'm new on the forum and I made a fan-art dedicated to the Ret-2-Go (that now is swing'n'sway , i guess).
I posted it on DeviantArt
http://giamat99.deviantart.com/art/Shantae-is-now-ret2go-402003447?ga_submit_new=10%253A1379852446
It's made on PhotoShop.
P.S.: I'm italian.
P.P.S.: IDK why , but, everytime i try to upload this picture on a website i get a **** up aspect ratio. Shocked 
Wink

EDIT: Ops... Not finished yet.

Last edited by .Luke on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : A curse filter of 90+ words and I still miss one, oops)
giamat99
giamat99
New Scuttle Town Resident

: Artist XD

Back to top Go down

My first Fan-ART! Empty Re: My first Fan-ART!

Post by .Luke Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:43 am

Nice to meet you, glamat. ^^ It's always good to see a new fan artist, and sorry to hear it gets stretched out of proportion, I was wondering why she looked that way. What resolution did you upload it at? deviantART might have derped while shrinking it down to size.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by giamat99 Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 am

Hi! I could never espect an answer right now! Really , nice job! Very fast! Anyway your avatar is too big and i can't read the first words XD! Maybe i could try to use another uploading site , but , just as deviantart , same thing happened with imgur Sad
giamat99
giamat99

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 am

I just woke up a while ago, (I'm on the US's east coast.) so this was the first thing I noticed when I got up. ^^ And it's odd that my avatar would be in the way, since it's the same width as your's. What screen resolution is your monitor at? I'd hope none of the elements are breaking at lower resolutions below 1024x768. I'm also curious what web browser you're using too.

Sorry to hear even Imgur gave you trouble. Pouting The resolution (How wide and long the image is in pixels.) you upload it at can be important. deviantART will sometimes give you a list of resolutions to shrink a drawing to, so choosing a common laptop screen resolution might have caused it to stretch.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by giamat99 Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am

The png resolution is 1280x720. Neutral
Edit: I use Chrome

Last edited by giamat99 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : chrome)
giamat99
giamat99

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Ah, okay. ^^ That's pretty strange, then. I've uploaded to deviantART with Chrome before, and nothing like that happened to my art.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by giamat99 Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:36 pm

.Luke wrote:Ah, okay. ^^ That's pretty strange, then. I've uploaded to deviantART with Chrome before, and nothing like that happened to my art.
I just noticed a strange thing...If youd download the picture the aspect ratio looks normal. When I open it in Photoshop (which I used to create the picture) it says something "pixel aspect ratio is for preview purpose only".Neutral 
giamat99
giamat99

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:26 am

Ah, that's really strange. I didn't know Photoshop would do that. (I have CS2, but primarily use Gimp for my art.) It might be better to copy a flattened image of your piece to another art program, and export it from there.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum