Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Boss Battles

5 posters

Go down

Favourite Boss Battles Empty Favourite Boss Battles

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Well, the title should be self-explanatory.
What are your favourite boss battles?
Any game works.
Though you might want to be careful about mature games. ^^;

Still, feel free to share your favs. Extra Smile

I don't have much time right now.
So I will post some of mine later. Wink
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Favourite Boss Battles Empty Re: Favourite Boss Battles

Post by Agent Gold Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Off top of my head, my favorite boss fight is the Helmaroc King in Zelda: Wind Waker. It isn't the toughest boss fight in all of history, but it's pretty darned cinematic. It starts off exciting with you running from rising water while the boss attacks you and you can't do anything about it, with enemies showing up as obstacles to slow you down, of course! The boss is probably the one entity who has done the most bad/personal stuff to Link by this point, so it feels really satisfying when you get to land crushing blows against him! And when you win comes one of the silliest satisfying moments I've ever seen... Feathers everywhere!

There are probably some others I know and like, but that's the first one that comes to mind.
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Okay. As a start, I will post my favourite Boss Battles from "Kingdom Hearts"
(THE ONLY REALLY GOOD game of the series!!!!)

Jafar
Of course, this villain has to be here. Given that he is from a similar world as Shantae. Razz
Plus, Genie's lines during the first battle are hilarious.
Round 1:

Round 2:

Captain Hook
He a really funny boss to fight against. Especially with his tantrums and when he falls into the water.

Maleficent
Her Dragon-Form kicks ****. But her regular form packs quite a punch as well.

Round 1:

Round 2:

Riku
The first battle against him isn't really worth mentioning. But the second and last one all the more.
DAT MUSIC!

Hades
His "Car Dealer" style voice is just epic win. Extra Smile

Ansem
Of course, the Final Boss has to be here as well. Since it's an epic battle for sure.
Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

I have A LOT of fav bosses. So this won't be the last. ^^;
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Incredibleintruder Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 am

One boss comes to mind as my favorite. The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

The way the character is build-up in the story, how every actions she takes makes her so much interesting to the player. You get to see her connection to Naked Snake, then get to see her betrayal, her actions, then you fight her using every tricks she taught you and taught Naked Snake during his training. The fight on a flowery field with the Snake Eater theme song playing brings me excitement every time. It is a very cinematic and beautiful moment with great build-up.

Probably one of my favorite boss ever.

Incredibleintruder
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Ah man, this is another one of those topics I could go on and on about, eheh.
But off the top of my head, I'd have to go with the original showdown with Mother Brain in Metroid (NES).

Despite being completely immobile herself, I always found the setup pretty intimidating,
that ambient noise in particular. Never mind that Metroids themselves actually frightened me as a kid, eheh.
All those defense systems set amid a jungle of steel bearing down on you,
and the slowdown adds a nice little adrenaline rush to the whole thing.

Then it comes time to start pumping missles into the big mother,
pulsating faster and faster, until... wait, Time Bomb Set? I'm not done?!

It's just one of those battles I still look forward to every time I play through, even if it's not exactly the best game in the series.
Honorable mentions to the SNES battle: even if it is a lot easier, the story elements that play out within more than make up for it
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Favourite Boss Battles Empty Favorite bosses, huh?

Post by BossFight Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm a huge Zelda fan, so I'll start with that.

In Ocarina of Time, Morpha was my favorite boss aside from the final boss. Morpha was just always cool to me, a huge blob of water that could grab Link and fling him around like a ragdoll. Now the final battles are the best. Ganondorf's voice in OoT was one of the greatest villain voices to date. I wish they hadn't changed it in later games. I'll also note that Majora from Majora's Mask was a great final boss.

In Wind Waker, definitely Helmaroc King. No one else appealed to me all that much, except Molgera's music. Also, King Helmasaur was definitely my favorite in A Link to the Past

In Twilight Princess, Zant was really one of the only bosses I cared too much for (although Death Sword is still my #1 Zelda miniboss.) The only other I really liked was Ganondorf's horseback battle. TP was just to eas

In Skyward Sword, all three Ghirahim battles, Koloktos, and the final battle. Skyward Sword definitely knew what it was doing as far as gameplay goes and even did good on the story (still like TP's better though.) It was only lacking exploration and secrets... badly lacking.

I also like Kingdom Hearts but anyone reading this can see it's been heavily covered.

Ultros from FF6 has been my favorite Final Fantasy boss for a very long time. He's really one of the best bosses out there, even if he's too easy in every fight after the first one. Gaffgarion from FFT would be my next favorite (the double battle you play of Ramza vs Gaffgarion 1-on-1 and each of their armies fighting is epic.)

I recently beat Kirby's Return to Dreamland with some friends, so I'll throw in the final battles of both planets. Both are two of my favorite Kirby bosses now. Although it's nearly impossible not to put spoilers in a boss battle thread, I won't say any more on this one.

I can't talk about bosses without throwing in some MGS. Psycho Mantis is definitely my favorite MGS boss (like a lot of people) and The End would probably be my second choice. He's just so original for a boss (well, Mantis is too, but the actual battle with The End is extremely unique in a good way.)

Finally, I'll end my extremely long post with the game we're all here on the forum about. While I'm extremely big on Shantae (definitely my favorite side-scrolling platformer by far), not many of the bosses were too memorable in my opinion... EXCEPT Risky herself. She was and still is one of the best final battles of any video game to date for me. She's not only a fun battle, but she don't play around either (there is that one cheap trick though.)

BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Gold Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:36 pm

BossFight wrote:Ultros from FF6 has been my favorite Final Fantasy boss for a very long time. He's really one of the best bosses out there, even if he's too easy in every fight after the first one.

Heh, of course. He's pretty funny to run in to. From that same game, the Phantom Train is one of my favorites just because of how unforgettable the fight is (and it's the conclusion of one of my favorite sequences in the game).

Galleom in Smash Bros Brawl is pretty close to my definition of a perfect boss. He's huge and looks intimidating, he's got a huge array of attacks including a one-hit kill attack, he's vulnerable at all times which means you can try to attack him whenever you feel like it (which can goad you into attacking when you really shouldn't... over and over and over again), and in the main game, you fight him twice in a row back to back with no changes to how he plays (which is something I'd love to see with more bosses just because it's pretty funny when it happens). I tend to be really aggressive when I do combat in games, so being able to attack him any time is a plus for me. Getting attacked while I'm trying to attack him drives me crazy, but in a good way--it's not exactly frustrating, but it feels rewarding as I start to figure out his patterns and when I shouldn't be attacking (as well as the first possible moment I'm allowed to hit him again).

I don't think I've ever beaten this legitimately, but it's worth an honorable mention. The final level in Sonic 2 has nothing but two bosses back to back. There are no rings on this level, so being hit even once means you have to start from the beginning of the first boss. Both bosses are particularly tough, and the second one is the biggest, strongest machine Robotnik has in the game. Just because of this level, Sonic 2 is one game where lives really matter--probably more than any other game out there that uses lives.
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down