Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smash 4 DLC Vote

5 posters

Go down

Smash 4 DLC Vote Empty Smash 4 DLC Vote

Post by fm3 Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:34 pm

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
So, Nintendo is leaving the next Smash Bros. DLC character up to the fans to decide? AWESOME! So who are you voting for? I'm undecided myself, but my candidates are:

1. Shantae from "Shantae"
Of course she's on my list. Why? Because I feel the Shantae series is right up there with Nintendo's classics. As for the character, with Shantae's magic spells, transformation dances, and the abilities from her Fighter and Pirate gear, she has so much potential for her moveset it borders on silly. Speaking of silly, Smash's roster tends towards the enjoyably odd (plumber super heroes, an elf ninja princess, Duck Hunt), and a spunky belly-dancing half-genie who fights with her hair certainly fits that bill.

2. Geno from "Super Mario RPG"
Why? Because he's a possessed doll Star Warrior with various guns built into his body, and who wields vastly over-powered magic. And he's a good guy. No, but seriously, despite only being in one game (plus one cameo) Geno has a substantial fanbase that has endured since the mid 90s. That is some serious star power.

3. Sora from "Kingdom Hearts"
Why? Because as much as I think Smash 4 has too many sword fighters, Sora gets a pass by fighting with a giant key. Besides which, his skills also include a wide range of magic spells, and he's the most Smash-appropriate reprasentative of the Final Fantasy series I can think of.

4. Patamon from "Digimon"
Why? Because Smash is all about settling those who would beat who arguments, and Pokemon vs Digimon is an old one indeed. I chose Patamon because of its physical similarities to Pikachu, though their movesets would be pretty different.

And my phone is dangerously close to dying, so I'll leave it at that for now. Who are you considering voting for?

Last edited by fm3 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Smash 4 DLC Vote Empty Re: Smash 4 DLC Vote

Post by Maetch Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:07 pm

I voted Mike Jones from StarTropics, for all the good that will do (Nintendo doesn't even know that StarTropics exists).

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 am

fm3 wrote:So, Nintendo is leaving the next Smash Bros. DLC character up to the fans to decide? AWESOME! So who are you voting for? I'm undecided myself, but my candidates are:

1. Shantae from "Shantae"
Of course she's on my list. Why? Because I feel the Shantae series is right up there with Nintendo's classics. As for the character, with Shantae's magic spells, transformation dances, and the abilities from her Fighter and Pirate gear, she has so much potential for her moveset it borders on silly. Speaking of silly, Smash's roster tends towards the enjoyably odd (plumber super heroes, an elf ninja princess, Duck Hunt), and a spunky belly-dancing half-genie who fights with her hair certainly fits that bill.

2. Geno from "Super Mario RPG"
Why? Because he's a possessed doll Star Warrior with various guns built into his body, and who wields vastly over-powered magic. And he's a good guy. No, but seriously, despite only being in one game (plus one cameo) Geno has a substantial fanbase that has endured since the mid 90s. That is some serious star power.

3. Sora from Kingdom Hearts
Why? Because as much as I think Smash 4 has too many sword fighters, Sora gets a pass by fighting with a giant key. Besides which, his skills also include a wide range of magic spells, and he's the most Smash-appropriate reprasentative of the Final Fantasy series I can think of.

4. Patamon from Digimon
Why? Because Smash is all about settling those who would beat who arguments, and Pokemon vs Digimon is an old one indeed. I chose Patamon because of its physical similarities to Pikachu, though their movesets would be pretty different.

And my phone is dangerously close to dying, so I'll leave it at that for now. Who are you considering voting for?

I am with you on Shantae and Geno.
But then it starts to get absurd.

First of Sora is NOT a Final Fantasy character. Kingdom Hearts is NOT Final Fantasy, but a Disney-Square crossover that uses some Final Fantasy characters.
Plus, Nintendo and Square don't really get along, so I wouldn't count on it.

And Patamon... Really?
An anime/manga series with no connection to Nintendo whatsover?
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:26 am

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:
I am with you on Shantae and Geno.
But then it starts to get absurd.

First of Sora is NOT a Final Fantasy character. Kingdom Hearts is NOT Final Fantasy, but a Disney-Square crossover that uses some Final Fantasy characters.

And Patamon... Really?
An anime/manga series with no connection to Nintendo whatsover?

True, Sora isn't a Final Fantasy character and Kingdom Hearts isn't Final Fantasy, but then again, most FF games have nothing to do with each other aside from similar themes.  By that logic, I personally consider KH to be part of the FF multiverse.

As for Patamon, it's important to remember that Digimon started as Tamagachi for boys, and thus Patamon is a video game character before an anime one.  Furthermore, there have been Digimon games on Nintendo systems, and the Fighter Ballot doesn't specify that it has to be a Nintendo character.
Though, I'll admit that if any Digimon actually made it in, it would likely be Agumon since I think he's Digimon's mascot.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:29 am

Maetch wrote:I voted Mike Jones from StarTropics, for all the good that will do (Nintendo doesn't even know that StarTropics exists).
I played that game once, but don't remember much about it. It was fun (if somewhat frustrating) as I recall.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Alright, so continuing with my personal list:

5. Earthworm Jim from "Earthworm Jim
Jim is a gaming icon from the SNES days, and many people wish he'd make his triumphant return already.  Between his rapid-fire blaster and using his own body as a whip (all aim-able in 8 directions), Jim would likely be a tough opponent to approach.  If he makes it in, I hope they turn one of his idle animations (where he shoots himself in the face) into an attack.

6. Ninten from "Mother"
The star of Earthbound's prequel, adding him and Lucas in would sort of round out the package for that series' representation.  Moreover, he likely wouldn't be a clone of the other two, since he actually has no offensive PK attacks in his original appearance.  So, I'd just really like to see what they do for him.

7. Pig Ganon from "The Legend of Zelda"
We've got two Links and two Zeldas, so why not a second Ganon too?  And if they actually made him play like himself instead of some other character, that would be awesome.  He could fight with a trident (which could totally be used as a tether grab), summon flaming bats, shoot lightning, turn invisible...  I want!
PS: Having Ganondorph behave like a sorcerer/knight instead of just a brawler would be nice too.

8. Risky Boots from "Shantae"
Possibly a little more than Shantae, herself, I'd like to have Risky in Smash.  While she might not have quite so many options as her half-genie foe, Risky's Pirate Gear certainly gives her some variety.  Plus, Smash has zero female villains, and I can't think of any I'd like more than this Lady Pirate.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:42 pm

I voted for Lilac, because it's not a "Highest votes guarantee a win!" poll. Did it as more of a gesture to show how much interest there is in Freedom Planet, (Since it's getting a WiiU port later in the year!) Shantae's going to get a lot of Submissions regardless of what I put down. Awesome Face

The rules also say only one vote per-person. However, unless they tie each vote to an IP address, most people are going to submit multiple votes regardless of whether they read the guidelines first. Twisted Evil Who doesn't want Shantae in Smash Bros?

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:

Weirder things have happened in the Smash roster. I really wasn't expecting Shulk to make it in the cast, let alone R.O.B or Pacman.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahyda Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:29 pm

I voted Shantae but I think rayman has a chance because of the fake leak

Fahyda
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:56 pm

I voted for Lilac as well.
Since she too needs some love and Shantae already has a sufficient fanbase built up to make this happen.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:04 pm

I've been hearing about this "Freedom Planet" game for a little while now, but I've only just looked into it. And it is AMAZING! My sister and I downloaded the demo, and even though we kept fumbling with the keyboard controls (we're console gamers, dang it!), it felt just like being a kid again- renting an unknown game from Blockbusters.

I might just have to vote for Lilac my own self.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:33 am

As a happy GoG customer, I can say Freedom Planet is worth every penny, even if you completely ignore the Story for Classic Mode. It's easily larger than Sonic 3&K, and the future DLC will add even more stages.

Ah, I remember that feeling from when I was a little kid, just getting the PC version of Earthworm Jim, and not being comfortable with the Arrow keys on my right hand. Twisted Evil I could beat Hard mode with the keyboard before I knew it, so it's a matter of adjusting.

Controllers are far easier on the hands either way! That's why I have two USB game pads. (Sidewinders used to be a big deal in 90's too, I loved them.)
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down