Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!)

+2
Agent Gold
.Luke
6 posters

Go down

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Empty ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!)

Post by .Luke Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Admittedly, finding official artwork of Shantae, or at least large quantities of it, (Especially at higher resolutions!) isn't easy. Maybe we could try to collect as many pieces of official Shantae art as we can gather up, so everyone can really appreciate it all from one place instead dozens? Fan art makers might find most of it handy for reference also. Don't be afraid to host a few bits on photobucket if you have to!

And to make this clear, this topic is for official artwork only, (Even rough sketches from the developers count as well.) so if you have any fan art to show off, please start a topic in the Fan Art section, we'd love to see it!

I'll start it off with a few bits :

Shantae and Risky Boots :

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) ShantaePromo_ShantaeSitting

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) ShantaePromo_ShantaePin

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) ShantaePromo_RiskyGunPose

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) ShantaePromo_ShantaeBack

Sky and Wrench :

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) ShantaePromo_SkyWrench

I'm having a little trouble finding larger sized versions of Bolo artwork, so that and a few others will have to wait.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Empty Re: ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!)

Post by Agent Gold Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:29 pm

I get a few emails now and then from one of WayForward's mailing lists (one for Shantae, I think?). Every now and then, they come with pictures.

This one is from Matt uploading a walkthrough-esque map of Risky's Revenge's overworld to his DeviantArt. Seems fitting.
ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shantaewithmap

This one was a little surprise for Halloween. Shantae is cosplaying as someone else...
Take a guess, then get ready to laugh:
Agent Gold
Agent Gold
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

: Self-Styled Hero

Back to top Go down

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Empty Re: ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!)

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 pm

BUMP!
Let me do my bit. Extra Smile

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shantae_art2_small
ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) 090712-shantae
ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shantae-Mad
ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shantae_art1

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shantae
ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) 60009_155467501148147_149435571751340_412986_5818809_n
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 am

I've been meaning to post in this topic again for a while, but I haven't gotten around to finding more art lately. ;_; Anyway, that's a lot of nice official art that you've posted Paragon. I didn't know about half of those pieces, and I've been trying to find that fifth one without a Gamespot watermark over it!

Agent Gold wrote:
Take a guess, then get ready to laugh:

That is both cute and hilarious! :3 I had no idea they included art with email letters like that. xD
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:03 am

It's indeed a little hard to find official art for Shantae.
At least for some pieces.

Especially the last one was really hard to find.
And I think it's one of my favs among official art.
She looks so cute there. :3
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 am

Here's a couple I found recently:

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Sketch12

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Sketch11
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Whoa, Tinkerbats clinging on Shantae... o_O

Nice find there. Extra Smile
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 am

Same feelings here, it's cool to see some official art of Shantae's harpy form. ^^

Also, while looking for Shantae stuff on Google a few minutes ago, I stumbled across this and was wondering if anybody has spotted that bit of art to the right before. =P No luck so far on my end. XD

ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shantae-riskys-revenge-iphone-screenshot-640x325
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Now that I think of it, I haven't seen that particular pose outside of trailers and magazines.
Perhaps as a precaution due to how awesomely alluring it is? Embarassed

A Shantae print I purchased a while back had various concept sketches in the background, such as these:
ITT, let's post as many links to official art as possible! (Not 56k friendly!) Shanta12

I like bubble-blowing Shantae in particular: seems like it'd make for an interesting magic technique
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Tue May 14, 2013 5:49 pm

She looks older in the gbc artwork.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Axol The Axolotl wrote:She looks older in the gbc artwork.
Doesn't she, though? Actually, as far as the art goes, she seems to be getting younger with each game. Like, seriously!
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down