Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube!

2 posters

Go down

First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube! Empty First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube!

Post by .Luke Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 am

It seems like WayForward is giving the Adventure Time cartoon series the royal treatment, with a video game! (D3Publisher is publishing it, but WayForward is actually the developer.)

Probably old news to a few of you in the loop on WayForward stuff, but those who don't, the official trailer is live! Looks pretty epic if you ask me, and that music is catchy! It seems to stick to the typical structure of a Shantae game, (Or Adventures of Link, if you want.) so it should be epic win if the level content holds up nicely. I've seen quite a few of the earlier Adventure Time episodes and loved 'em to bits; here's to hoping one of our favorite developers can do Finn and Jake justice in interactive form!

Last edited by .Luke on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube! Empty Re: First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube!

Post by BossFight Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:28 am

It would be awesome if the game became a huge hit so WayForward could reap the rewards, but judging by the YouTube comments a lot of people don't even want to give it a chance.

Video games based on cartoons have always had a bad reputation. Oh well, the "like" bar seems to say otherwise anyway.

I'll also say they should have gone with a drawn artsyle similar to A Boy and His Blob to appeal to the fans of the cartoon.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube! Empty Re: First trailer of "Adventure Time : Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbabe?" on Youtube!

Post by .Luke Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Personally, I rarely read comments on videos, except maybe to skim over the first page for a funny response. The video's likes are probably coming from the people who would actually play it, but didn't comment; most Youtube comments I come across are over-opinionated trollbait, so I wouldn't pay it any mind; i.e give a ****, they're the minority and just happen to be louder than everyone else. (*coughsonicfanbasecough*) But yes, the usual "shameless cash-in" reputation of cartoon/movie-based games only inflame the issue.

If the video game industry works anything like book publishing, I doubt WayForward will see any of the real profits from this game. They were commissioned by a publisher to make the game, then D3P manufactures and distributes thousands of copies of the software, and watches as the cash rakes itself in. What we can hope for sure, however, is that WayForward gains more reputation for making a proper interative experience based on the cartoon series, assuming their company name is plastered enough times at the beginning splash-screens and credit rolls. If the end-product turns out as well executed as it looks, it might do WayForward's own original games a huge favor in the future.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm sure they make some kind of money. Voldi said in that interview that they actually make more money off the games they're hired on for than they do off their originals. This is the main reason we don't see Shantae as often as we should.

It would have to be done 100% right, but maybe if Ward likes them enough he might want to work together with them on doing a Shantae show. Ward seems to share WayForward's humor and Matt said he's got ideas for a show collecting dust.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 pm

They do? Wow, wasn't aware of that. ^^ It makes sense why we don't see Shantae enough, and the same could said for any of Nintendo's franchises that aren't Mario, haha.

I'd be really shocked if there was a cartoon show, but the games themselves are so wacky it's just asking for an animated series, and if Matt Bozon has a lot of ideas sitting around, it could be a hoot. =P Anything remotely decent could beat half of Cartoon Network's current line up, but a cartoon like that would take the cake for me! :D
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Didn't think it was worth making a new thread for, but get this: Adventure Time's Facebook page posted a picture of the new game's (made by WayForward) pre-order extras, and in less than an hour the photo had OVER 9000 likes! That's very good news for our favorite obscure gaming company.
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:33 am

Dang, I almost forgot to bump the thread myself, honestly. XD The game's release is getting closer everyone! Just three more days from hitting retail, anybody pumped for the reviews? Even if you're not interested in the game at all, it wouldn't hurt to keep up with how well the fans are receiving it.

I mean, it's not like WayForward's reputation is severly on the line with this game, but it would definitely put them on the map for older players who might be interested in checking out their original franchises. Maybe WayForward will get more publishing deals along the way? I would be tickled to see Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on store shelves, personally. =P
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:01 pm

No user-made reviews are on GameFAQs yet, but the Metacritic scores for this game are a good 70/100 and above, averaging at the 80/100 mark. Even IGN gave it a good score, and that's saying something! (And yeah, the "You can't spell IGN without IGNorant" slogan is pretty prelevant.)

The worst complaint I've read so far was the Inventory system, which is exactly the same as it was in Risky's Revenge for the 3DS/DSi. I honestly don't see how that's a problem unless you have potatos for fingers coated in chicken grease, the touch screen on the 3DS or DSi is pretty responsive. (Maybe they reviewed the DS version instead? That touch screen needs a stylus, IMO, not very sensitive to finger presses. XD)
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down