Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign

+9
zferolie
Maetch
BossFight
Axol The Axolotl
Nai255
Paragon-Yoshi
.Luke
skyewelse
ShantaeVocaloid
13 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign

Post by .Luke Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:15 am

Cue the fan girl squees, because the project is nearly $50,000 away from being funded today! And there was a cool update on the kickstarter page too. There might be an unlockable ability attached to finding everything in the art gallery! (All of which composing of fan art by backers.)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/603207

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 6A8gpcc

(Screenshot of the gallery, with a touch of humor to boot.)

Also, WayForward loves drawing their own fan art too. While this isn't a potential costume, it's still a nice idea.

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 VRTqEnn

And is anyone excited that Inti Creates (The guys behind a few Megaman games here and there.) is collaborating with WayForward on the game as well? They drew fan art too! Check out the link and see what you're missing.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign

Post by Nai255 Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah, the Inti Creates collab news stoked my fanboy flames quite a bit. I hadn't really said anything because... well it kinda goes without saying, eheh. I really couldn't be happier for Shantae or WayForward at this time. I'm just kinda surprised (and saddened) they haven't met any of those stretch goals yet. My pessimistic half thinks we'll be lucky to get up to the alternate costumes Sad
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:46 pm

They pulled the curtain on the next stretch goal, "Fire and Forget". Apparently, it involves a new Half-Genie replacing Shantae and Scuttle Town (perhaps NOT coincidently) getting an acute case of collective amnesia. Curious...

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:07 pm

GOOOOOOOOOAL! Extra Smile Laughing Twisted Evil 
It's official, the Kickstarter for Half-Genie Hero is a complete success! I couldn't be happier if I was happier.
...ok, if we can hit a stretch goal or two, I'll be even happier eheh
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Maetch wrote:They pulled the curtain on the next stretch goal, "Fire and Forget". Apparently, it involves a new Half-Genie replacing Shantae and Scuttle Town (perhaps NOT coincidently) getting an acute case of collective amnesia. Curious...
Hey a rival character!
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:46 pm

10,000 backers and 400,000k later, it's funded! I couldn't have been more excited when the news broke in a Skype group, so I know that feel Nai. Twisted Evil Somebody cue the barage of fan girl squees, an HD Shantae is on the way!

Now to see how many stretch goals they hit while 10 days are left on this campaign. Awesome Face 
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 pm

W000000000000t!!! Extra Smile:D:D

Let the guitar's play.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:03 pm

.Luke wrote:10,000 backers and 400,000k later, it's funded! I couldn't have been more excited when the news broke in a Skype group, so I know that feel Nai. :twisted:Somebody cue the barage of fan girl squees, an HD Shantae is on the way!

Now to see how many stretch goals they hit while 10 days are left on this campaign. Awesome Face 
It took ten days for it to earn each $200,000 portion. At that pace, I expect them to hit Risky Mode and the first DLC episode at the most.

Also, more stretch goals revealed, and Paragon is not going to like this:
Spoiler:

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 am

Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:26 pm

No moment like this is without a Bison YES. Awesome Face

And that's an interesting average Maetch. At the rate the campain's going now, we could probably expect that much. The game's funded either way, and will land on every platform one could want besides the 3DS, so I'm pretty satisfied.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 am

PayPal is now available for use, and it'll still count towards stretch goals after the Kickstarter ends.

Well, I think they've got a proper shot now.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:13 pm

I KNEW IT

I KNEW IT

I **** KNEW IT

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 3511315b73a04765f9dad23108d4ab8d_large
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't think this is a good idea.

Plus, doesn't this contradict with what WayForward said before? o.O
I thought they said they don't have voice acting planned.
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Well, I haven't been here in forever, and this is certainly a welcome surprise. Now if only I had any money at all to spare. Sure the game's already funded, but I want that artbook so bad it hurts.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:I don't think this is a good idea.
Seconded. Shantae is one of those games that REALLY doesn't need voice-acting.

Plus, doesn't this contradict with what WayForward said before? o.O
I thought they said they don't have voice acting planned.
Plans can always change.

Also, WayForward originally had no plans for voice-acting in DuckTales Remastered, either, but Disney offered to book the cartoon's original VAs (plus replacements for those who couldn't make it) and WayForward happily accepted.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Wow, I thought this would be for animated cutscenes or whatnot. Twisted Evil If this thing does hit that stretch goal, it might be interesting to see how voice acting plays out. (Anybody remember Spongebob SuperSponge on the PSX? I imagine voice acting would work in that style.)

I'll keep my glass half full on this one, because I've always wondered what Shantae and friends would sound like, besides the occasional grunt. $1.1M is a tall order, so the chances of it happening may be really slim, but you never know with how Mighty No. 9 turned out.

Also, that graphic icon is freaking adorable. Regardless of what anybody makes of the voice acting goal, who wouldn't find Shantae cute in front of a mic and script?
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey guys, is it just me, or did they only add this hidden stretch goal today?

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 F2ba206bf95250b2abf78330601aa691_large
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:35 pm

It's just you, dude. That stretch goal's been there since the beginning.
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Ah, I guess my habits of stopping Firefox from loading whole pages these days have probably hidden it.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Heh. Probably. Playful Wink
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ket Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:34 am

Hi everyone! I'm new, but I just made an account here after someone posted a link to this place in the Kickstarter comments. Glad to find a forum of Shantae fans Smile

I have a similar story to Deadly Lampshade in that I heard about the Shantae Kickstarter from someone in the comment section of the Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (before they cross-promoted Shantae) and thought it looked great; I think the smooth animations drew me in. ^^ After I looked into what Shantae was, I found out that the original GBC game was available on the 3DS eshop for $5 so I bought it to try it out and I loved it. Needless to say, I backed the Kickstarter, bought Risky's Revenge and haven't looked back XD I've cleared both the GBC Shantae and Risky's Revenge now (though I lost my save data on GBC Shantae thanks to a Virtual Console glitch >.<)

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'm glad the Kickstarter has succeeded; onward to Risky mode! Twisted Evil
Ket
Ket
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:26 am

Hi there, Ket! Smile Glad to meet you, and welcome to the forums! ^-^
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:23 am

Nice to meet you, Ket. ^^ We're all really excited about the kickstarter success too. The amazing animations and colors drew me into the series initially too, and the charm of the games overall kept me coming back. WayForward really knows how to impress in presentation, even with something as limited as the Gameboy Color.

Also, for anybody who hasn't been keeping up with the Kickstarter post updates, they're letting contributor tiers and above vote on animal transformations. Two transformation designs in particular have me dieing of squees right now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/611961

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 WQsjNZT

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 3 Cj3OzHv

The spider form's original appearance in the first Shantae was pretty underwhelming to me, but OMG, they did something really adorable with this design. And the harpy form, so much yes.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ket Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:56 pm

Yeah, I agree about the Spider, as many have said, the bow is adorable XD And wrapping up your enemies to drain their health sounds like fun ^^
The Harpy looks great too >.<

Actually, I was also really amazed with the animations of the GBC Shantae when I picked it up; that was really impressive considering it was on the GBC (admittedly late in the GBC's life)
Ket
Ket

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:45 am

Yeah, the spider form's ability kind of reminded me of the spider in Donkey Kong Country 2, (Sneakers, I think?) but with a less devastating blow to the enemies, and that bow was really creative. Who knew putting cute things on spiders makes them look far less scary. Twisted Evil I could actually hug this one!

And screenshots definitely don't do the game justice. Shantae is most likely the only GBC game produced with a 32-Megabit cartridge, (4 Megabytes to us.) and it really shows in all the artwork and animations that are used; all of which are very colorful as well. I think I might have oggled at all the eye candy for the first two hours I played it, honestly.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next