Shantae Fans Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign

+9
zferolie
Maetch
BossFight
Axol The Axolotl
Nai255
Paragon-Yoshi
.Luke
skyewelse
ShantaeVocaloid
13 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 Empty Re: "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign

Post by Maetch Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:16 am

.Luke wrote:Yeah, the spider form's ability kind of reminded me of the spider in Donkey Kong Country 2, (Sneakers, I think?) but with a less devastating blow to the enemies
His name was Squitter. On-topic, Shantae's spider form in the first game was really lazily-designed, so it's nice to see it return with some effort behind it this time.

And now the plot of the fourth bonus episode is revealed: Risky builds herself a space-station (which is definitely no moon)... yeah, wasn't it not so long ago that the Steam Engine was considered Sequin Land's crowning technological achievement?

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 Empty Re: "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign

Post by fm3 Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey, so I don't imagine WayForward will be getting another $100K in just 4 days (what they've already raised is amazing!), so no bonus chapters I guess. Still, I can't even begin to wait for this game. Or for Pirate's Curse. Or a chance to download the original off virtual consol.

Dang, this series is really starting to swing into high gear! Extra Smile 

Does anyone know if the PayPal donation section will still be open after the Kickstarter closes? Probably not, but still, I might actually be able to donate if so.
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragon-Yoshi Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Uh, didn't you hear?

They clearly said PayPal donations will stay open for several months after kickstarter ends.
AND they said they will count for the Stretch Goals. So they still have all the time in the world to get all those stretch goals done.
Provided the money-support does not falter.

Last edited by Paragon-Yoshi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paragon-Yoshi
Paragon-Yoshi
Retired Staff

http://vgjustice.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 am

Maetch wrote:His name was Squitter. On-topic, Shantae's spider form in the first game was really lazily-designed, so it's nice to see it return with some effort behind it this time.

And now the plot of the fourth bonus episode is revealed: Risky builds herself a space-station (which is definitely no moon)... yeah, wasn't it not so long ago that the Steam Engine was considered Sequin Land's crowning technological achievement?
Ah, I was way off then, and a space station? I can only imagine how they explain that one. Twisted Evil
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

: Site Bird Trainer

http://shantaefansportal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:31 pm

WAIT A SECOND, SHANTAE WAS PITCHED FOR THE SNES?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/614365

WayForward wrote:Why blue? When Shantae was pitched for Super Nintendo Entertainment System and PC for the very first time, Shantae wore a red outfit that eventually upgraded to a triumphant blue near the end of the adventure. It seems fitting that we celebrate the success of this campaign by letting Shantae proudly strut her stuff in this heroic color scheme for the very first time! Together we accomplished something that was not possible before, so wear your Shantae Blue proudly!
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by zferolie Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

*Pokes head in* Sorry guys. Lost the link to here.

.Luke wrote:WAIT A SECOND, SHANTAE WAS PITCHED FOR THE SNES?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/614365

WayForward wrote:Why blue? When Shantae was pitched for Super Nintendo Entertainment System and PC for the very first time, Shantae wore a red outfit that eventually upgraded to a triumphant blue near the end of the adventure. It seems fitting that we celebrate the success of this campaign by letting Shantae proudly strut her stuff in this heroic color scheme for the very first time! Together we accomplished something that was not possible before, so wear your Shantae Blue proudly!
Yeah I saw that. If Shantae actually came out out the SNES... I think should would be MUCH more well known and a huge property!
zferolie
zferolie
New Scuttle Town Resident
New Scuttle Town Resident

: User

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 pm

It's alright, zferolie, our link is kind of hard to remember. Twisted Evil I blame myself for not thinking of a better one when I founded these forums. Hopefully that will change once I can afford a domain name, and in the meantime, we're more easily searchable by Google than before.

And I can only imagine what the SNES pitch looked like, it must've been amazing, or a bit rough around the edges if they weren't proud enough to leave any screenshots for us to find online. Either way, the SNES had a huge install base, so it could have blazed through the sales numbers in most regions.

I'm glad WayForward has more teams on-hand to dedicate to their original projects now. It's a long time coming for Shantae especially.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by fm3 Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Paragon-Yoshi wrote:Uh, didn't you hear?

They clearly said PayPal donations will stay open for several months after kickstarter ends.
AND they said they will count for the Stretch Goals. So they still have all the time in the world to get all those stretch goals done.
Provided the money-support does not falter.
Nope, I hadn't heard.  I only learned about any of this about a week ago, and I don't have even remotely consistent internet access, so I'm quite behind.  Regardless, that's totally fantatstic!  And I actually managed to get a small donation in today, so I feel awesome!
fm3
fm3
Scuttle Town Regular
Scuttle Town Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:57 am

Why are we not talking about this?

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 BRkqBnp

Another backer exclusive!

Or the fact that one of the stretch goals is funded!

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 Z2hJ66X

Up next are the super kawaii costume swaps :

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 QKhhwU9
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by BossFight Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:29 am

Costumes swaps have been gotten! Oh please... PLEASE let me get to play as Bolo and ROTTYTOPS. I mean we HAVE to get the 900K goal! That's FIVE playable characters!!!
BossFight
BossFight
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: DINE AND DITCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:05 am

BossFight wrote:Costumes swaps have been gotten!
I'm more interested in the next stretch goal, Fire & Forget. C'mon, Bozon, at least leak a name for Shantae's new rival so that I've got something to call her.

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by ShantaeVocaloid Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:38 am

Maetch wrote:
BossFight wrote:Costumes swaps have been gotten!
I'm more interested in the next stretch goal, Fire & Forget.
I'd much rather play as Rottytops, to be honest. As a fan of her, I'm curious as to how she'd control~ Playful Wink
ShantaeVocaloid
ShantaeVocaloid
Administrator
Administrator

: *blub blub* :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Maetch Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:04 pm

IT'S OVER!!!

At over $800,000, the Kickstarter did better than I had predicted. Now tell me about our new genie, WayForward!

Maetch
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Could use a new wallpaper.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

: Skin maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nai255 Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Way-2-Go! Half-Genie Hero is a complete success. I gotta admit, my faith faltered at first, but the $900k milestone I was hoping for may very well be quite the reality.
ty WF, from the bottoms of my heart and wallet Wink 
Nai255
Nai255
Contributor
Contributor

: Tinkerbat Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Nearly $800,000, that's an outstanding success for WayForward, and with over 18,000 backers, it goes to show that there is a serious audience out there waiting for more games about Shantae. I couldn't contribute to this campaign myself, but you can bet your pirate boots I'll buy up multiple copies of this for myself and some friends when it's released!

I couldn't be more excited that this is really happening. An HD Shantae on consoles and PC, and the adorable art style makes me implode with squees every time I look at it. This is going to be epic, guys! The hype train hasn't lost any steam, and it's still going.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Double posting because I forgot to mention the new transformations they drew up for voting by contributors.

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 Bw4eyso

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 BnCUUG3

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 ChB2DYb

AAAAAAAAAAAA THE CUTENESS OVERLOAD, IT HURTS, and the Naga looks simply stunning, contrary to what I imagined before.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Over $810,000 raised! WOO! Giant success, WayForward! =D I was there, conversing in the comments, and it was phenomenal.

Can't slack now, of course; PayPal will remain open for at least a couple of months. Still aiming for $900K and beyond! Sky, Rotty, and Bolo modes would be ace. Cool Kitty Face Lovestruck

Keep movin' this sure-to-be-amazing game forward...way, /way/ forward.

Yes, that was obnoxious. OTL -is slain after overused wordplay-

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:53 pm

A little word play never hurts from time to time. Twisted Evil I'm hoping for the hero modes too, it would be fun to play as Sky, personally. (I'm a huge Sky fan!)
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm

I predict that Sky will the the only character with ranged attacks.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

What makes you say that, Axol? Twisted Evil *bricked* I think Wrench will give her quite an advantage over other characters.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Axol The Axolotl Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Or just a 2-in-1 playstyle.
Axol The Axolotl
Axol The Axolotl
Hailing from Water Town
Hailing from Water Town

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:22 pm

That's one way to look at it. Twisted Evil Lots of long distance attacks would be interesting either way, and maybe she could have a special summon that brings out a full-grown warbird? > : D *bricked*

Also, you guys wouldn't believe what I stumbled across this morning! Turns out WayForward has their own fan art blog, which I plan on linking to on our own Tumblr, and looky what I find :

"Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" Kickstart Campaign - Page 4 ShantaeLoop

sarapocock wrote:Here’s a little animation test I did for Shantae a year or so ago when I was at WayForward. We were coming up with a look for a high def gameplay Shantae sprite, adapted from her pixel sprite. Matt ultimately settled on a different design for the final look, but it’s fun to see some of the unused stuff from the archives. I’m fond of this bit of animation.
The squees are killing me. ;w;
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Haha yeah, that upload by the former WF employee is fantastically cute. ;w; The fan portal has a Tumblr, yeah? If ever it reblogged anything, that'd be a candidate. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by .Luke Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah, we do have a Tumblr. It's over here anytime you want to check it out. (The link is also in the scrolling announcements tab above the forums too.) It's essentially our main site, that links to all of our other channels.

And I couldn't help reblogging this post on there, it was too adorable not too.
.Luke
.Luke
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next